ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No 2nd lambda = mot fail?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
As above, I've had to swap my exhaust due to emissions but I've only been able to get hold of a ph1 one (twin barrel, single lambda type).

Even if it passes on emissions, would it still fail based in the fact that the 2nd lambda would appear to be reading nothing?

Cheers!

They dont check under the car to see weather the lambdas are connected, if its passes there emissions when they test it then its passed, its the cat itself which limits all the emissions not the lambdas, you will be fine mot time :D

Various
It shouldn't but it might be on the advisory that the engine light is on. We have taken Clios for there mot with only 1 sensor and they passed fine.

RS RIP
nope

probe will be stuck up the rear end - rpm's will be made - there will be measurements - you will fail or pass on emissions - you will be happy or maybe not - you may have an extra 50 in the pocket for the MOT man - you will be happy ?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Engine management light (due to no 2nd lambda) isn't a fail, but if the 2nd lambda itself reads nothing, I still think that could be a fail?

Even if I plug the second lambda in and cable tie it somewhere, it would still read outside the specified limits and therefore fail i think..

I may have to bodge it and drill a hole in the cat and attempt to fix the lambda in there lol.

Various
Engine management light (due to no 2nd lambda) isn't a fail, but if the 2nd lambda itself reads nothing, I still think that could be a fail?

Even if I plug the second lambda in and cable tie it somewhere, it would still read outside the specified limits and therefore fail i think..

I may have to bodge it and drill a hole in the cat and attempt to fix the lambda in there lol.

You dont need the second sensor in to pass the mot. As long as your emissions are fine.

RS RIP
second lambda does nothing but tell you if the cat is working or not..

It's the Co2 reading that counts , nobody has ever looked on my dash

ValverInBits
They read the CO2 from the back of the exhaust. It doesent matter what the car thinks the emissions are.

Have you bought a phase 1 cat to go on a phase 2? do they even fit?

FYI My MOT has been passed with the second lambda unplugged.