ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Brake Lights Whatsoever !!!!!

White Sti Hatch
Ok none of my brake lights work at all boot lid one or either side ! ive checked the STOP fse and looks alright not blown what else could it be i need this sorted ASAP !!!

White Sti Hatch
Is there ne way i can short it out to make sure its that before reno sting me for a new one ??

White Sti Hatch
too dark atm and cant get my head under to see whats connected into it will have to take lower dash off tomoz after work !

12v is what should be going through the fuse right ?? as will go over the terminals with a tester when iget the chance

Evo
More than 12v, A multimeter or discharge tester should read about 13-14v on a healthy battery.

How much of that goes to the brake lights though i dont know, electrickery is a weak subject for me lol :rasp:

White Sti Hatch
RIGHT urgent lol what do i short to put them on perminently so i know its the switch there is

Orange and Yellow and then Black and Red - orange and yellow are thicker cables red n black are alot thinner (1.5mm vs 0.75mm if were talking sparky cable sizes)

White Sti Hatch
ten min BUMP need to know want to get this sorted tonight lol so i cnan go maon at reno for the part

iceberg 172
if you have another piece of wire put it in the end of the plug to join the two terminals and if it light the bulbs then its your switch!

White Sti Hatch
Got it Icarus gaves a hand via PM tis the yellow n orange ones and its the switch thats fucked so onto the parts desk tomoz morning !!

White Sti Hatch
Cheers to those who helped me last night in my time of need ! got it sorted today was the switch....witch cost me £12 bloody quid fecking rip off !