ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No dash lights! Constanly blowing fuse.

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
Got no dash lights and everytime I change the fuse it blows! This also means the front and rear left sidelight doesn't work as well as the number plate light! I have tried unplugging all the lights that go out when the fuss blows. Even with all lights unplugged the fuse still blows as soon as the side lights turn on

anyone got any ideas??

Ibiza FR
Maybe the fuse needs to me a slightly higher rating, cant handle the normal power? Like if its a 10 try a 15?

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
erm yeh fitted clear side repeaters and an a cd changer, but i have unplugged both of those tried it again and its still doing it.

2015 Clio 220 Trophy
hi there,
what ever you do dont put bigger amperage of fuse in, it is there for a reason, and if it is blowing there is a problem,you say that it is when you put the sidelights on and you have put a autochanger in the car, i am presuming that this is boot mounted one in which you must have removed the head unit, i would removed the head unit and look at the wiring behind it you may find that a blue wire will be trapped by the unit when you refitted this
regards

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
had a look and moved some wires like you said but I dont know whether it was that or the light for my central looking but what ever it was its sorted now.
Thanks for all the help