ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No horn! :(

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Replaced my headlight stalk earlier and all went well and was very happy! Then a van was just about to pull out of a driveway into my path, tried the horn and it didn't work!

Double checked and everything appears to be plugged in right so ideas?

It's a mk3 clio

Thanks

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Not feeling horny.

Haha, any other ideas? Just noticed there's two cables going from the back of the steering wheel to the column, one red on the left and one black on the right, are these for the horn? They look to be single wires not a bunch each has a small brass connector on going into the column bit

Thanks

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Anyone? Or anyone know how to take the steering wheel off in the best way possible, think I may have spotted a cable is loose joining the steering wheel to the column! Not sure how to connect it up though without removing the wheel :(

Mx5
Not sure about the mk3. But I know for the mk2 you turn the steering wheel. Then you can see two small clips holding the airbag in. Get a flathead screwdriver stick it in the airbag will clip out then underneath is a torque bolt holding it in like a t35 iirc

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Not sure about the mk3. But I know for the mk2 you turn the steering wheel. Then you can see two small clips holding the airbag in. Get a flathead screwdriver stick it in the airbag will clip out then underneath is a torque bolt holding it in like a t35 iirc

Ah ill have a look, maybe have a practice go on the breakers car first ;) Excuse the totally simple question, but obviously you have to disconnect the battery for this, isn't there a particular order to take off the cables/put them on?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I'm properly stumped now. Fuse hasn't blown, horn doesn't work with the new stalk or the old stalk put back in and nothing looks unplugged to me... I don't get why my horn isn't working! If anyone else has any ideas ill be very happy! :)

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Horns love getting stuck TBH, holding the button down while someone hits it (the horn that is) with something like a shoe sometimes works.