ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No insurance, tax or MOT

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My mother-in-laws partner has just had his van impounded for driving with no tax insurance or mot, what is he likely to have happen to him. I personally hope they throw the book at him as he's a total waste of space and part of the reason we all pay elevated prices for insurance etc. I believe he's been driving with no tax for years.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Iirc driving without insurance is 6 points and a fine, mot and tax will be dealt with via a fine by dvla I think. Maybe a ban as he failed to even do one of the three. Stupid though because of the risk to others.
I can’t see how anyone can get away with it nowadays though.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I think it should be dealt with harshly, if it happened to me I'd be expecting the worst. The risk to others driving with no MOT is plain negligent. And he's a knob

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Depending on his history of offences, if he's been in no bother- they wont be too fussed on the MOT, probably just "get one" but tax could be a fine on top of what he O's, insurance up to 9 points I believe

No ban,

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Pretty sure he's been doing it for years but not sure he's been caught before

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I guess you'll find out.

Obviously the van is impounded and collecting fee's daily till it's released or scrapped, so he's likely to be well out of pocket whatever happens.
Unless he's already got points I doubt he'll get banned.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For lack of insurance, he'll probably get 6 points and a fine.
The fine will likely be far less than if he'd actually been paying insurance premiums.
Tax he'll probably get another fine.
MOT, im not sure anyone really cares?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If you know of someone doing this sort of thing are you supposed to report it to the police?
The first step is to call them a c**t

Also, if you know someone drives while stoned as f**k, would you report them? Asking for a mate as his neighbour is a silly cow with 4 kids in the car

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I don't condone it at all, it's just it almost feels like it's not worth police time, because said person has been caught before, banned from driving, despite never having passed his test and having a license, and after the ban and small fine continued to drive, I guess until he's caught again, and the loop continues.

Unless they dish out a serious punishment there's not much deterent.