ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No lights front or back

M135i
My lights dont seem to be workin front or back, the back brake lights work and indicators on both front and back but no headlights, sidelights or fullbeam.

Doesnt even come up on the dials that the lights are turned on.

Just dont an engine conversion from a 1.2 to a 2.0l so not sure if somthing hasnt been plugged in or somthing.

Any ideas ?

Try the UCH. Its underneath the glovebox on the passenger side. Has relays on the front of it which control the lights. Make sure these are clicked in properly and maybe try one you know to work in the other sockets

M135i
oooo could well be that matey, as we had to stick a new UCH in so could have knocked them or somthing.

I knew CS wouldnt let me down :D

Thanks guys, will keep you posted if it works :D

Tell me about it JCC :p

Had no end of trouble with mine with the lights :p

Mine decided it was daylight and switched my lights off while going down a dark country road. Checked the UCH and my relays were all half hanging out :p Oops

M135i
Just been to have a look, is there only mena be 4 ? they were all pushed in, took each one out and put back in, cudnt see anything wrong with them.

Could they be buggered and just not seeable from the outside ?

I can't check my car atm dude as its in the garage

Think there is 4 yes.

One for indicators/hazards
One for headlights
One for Sidelights
One for high beam

Have you checked the actual lights are plugged in?

Failing that it may be your actual stalk

M135i
If it was a case of not being plugged in, the rear lights should be working wont they ?

the stalk still clicks like normal and was working before the conversion.

Check all the fuses under the bonnet aswell if you haven't already.

Reason I said check the UCH is because my mate once accidentally kicked one of the relays out, ended up with no dash lights or rear lights. No idea how to check if they're buggered or not so can't help you any further than that I'm afraid!

M135i
still no luck with the lights working, i did however swap the UCH back to the old one and they work fine on the old UCH :S but obviously that doesnt match the ecu.

M135i
im guessing it was coded to the ecu, as i said be4 its been a full conversion so a new ecu into the car which matched this new UCH ive put in BUt the old UCH seems to make the lights work with the new ecu :S

hope that makes sense lol

I was told as soon as you take a UCH out a car, when it gets put back in it needs recoding again. Don't know if this is true or not though, I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or deny it