ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power to headunit or display

Hi,

I pulled my headunit out this morning to fit an aerial adaptor and when I put everything back and turned the ignition on the display in the center of the dash (the one for time/date/temp etc..) was blank and the CD player had no power. I swapped the headunit back for the standard renault one and still the same. I have checked the audio fuse and it is fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be up with it?

Thanks,

Matt

hey, thanks for the reply. I have just had a good check to see if the ISO block has any loose connections and i'm sure that there aren't any. Could anything else be wrong with it?

Thanks,

Matt

Are there any other fuses that it could be besides the audio fuse that is in the fusebox next to the passengers footwell (as i have changed this)? I've changed the fuse on the back of the headunit aswel but is there a fuse for the display at all?

Cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
There is 1 fuse in there for part of the UCH i beleive that controls the interior light, radio etc....

DOUBLE CHECK 1 by 1 as im sure itl be a fuse too.

If not them you may have snagged an important cable round the back of the dash. In which case remove dash top to check everythign is in place etc....

Cheers Has, you were right it was the interior lighting fuse. Replaced it and it is all working again. But since i've got the dash off I might as well install those comps i've been putting off because I didnt dare rip the dash off! :D

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Excellent stuff !

Happened to someone before. Took us a while to find out it was another fuse which also connected party of the same setup.

:D