ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Power

I assume there is only one renault dealer on the island so they have a bit of a captive audience?
Glad its sorted in the end anyway, so you can get back to enjoying the car :)

Yes mate. Just the one. Which does put me off buying new as I'd have no choice but to take it there. It seems okay now and they were fairly decent about phoning me etc. Just the airbox thing.

PMSL @ that bill. Jesus. I took mine in to have the tappets replaced as it's... tapping. Anyway, they strip it down and notice the cylinder head needs replaced, along with cams. So that's not costing me the best part of £2k to upgrade. Oh wait, it is.

Still, at least it's not in bits waiting for the 172 Cup Racer cylinder head and uprated cams coming direct from France. Oh wait, it is. And has been for 3 weeks now.

Like you, if this doesn't rectify that tiny tapping noise, the car is getting it's head kicked in. Literally.

Hope it pans out for you, Dan. You and me both.

Ouch. Norway I'd have paid £2k for mine to be fixed. It cost me less than that. Lol.

Normally the people I think of that are worse off than me are African. Today it's you. So that's some consolation for you. A Monday winner if you like.

Evo 5 RS
Running problems? REPLACE WHOLE ENGINE

Simple lol.

I love mine but after being way past the line of 'is it worth it' it's starting to fade.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ouch. Norway I'd have paid £2k for mine to be fixed. It cost me less than that. Lol.

Normally the people I think of that are worse off than me are African. Today it's you. So that's some consolation for you. A Monday winner if you like.

It's Racing Blue so worth over £6k IIRC. Anyway, it'll be great once it's back. New wheels, exhaust and all that other sh*t for no reason.

Plus it's a great little car too and on low miles. It'll bereet.

Renault Clio 1.2RN
Then an air-leak being found/cured made it run perfectly fine.

where and how did u find the air leak? i have the simillar porblem with my 1.8valver. accelerating fine, onto second and power lost. pressed the clutch down and allow the engine go down to idle speed and fine again for some time. it may happen again straight away, or it may happen some miles later.

clio sport 182 2005
where and how did u find the air leak? i have the simillar porblem with my 1.8valver. accelerating fine, onto second and power lost. pressed the clutch down and allow the engine go down to idle speed and fine again for some time. it may happen again straight away, or it may happen some miles later.

hi - i have a 182 sport and its just started doing the exact same thing - any idea where the air leak was ??