ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No radio reception

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Have had utterly crap radio reception for years so I finally got round to changing the aerial base (as I thought that was the problem). As it turns out fitting a brand new one hasn’t fixed the problem at all - it’s made zero difference.
All connections are right in the back of the head unit (a circa 2010 jvc thing).
Only thing I can think of now is changing the radio for another one.
Anyone got any other ideas I can try before resorting to this?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I swapped the aerial off my wifes car this morning which fortunately fit ( I was running a cheap bee sting type aerial) and I lo and behold I have a some semblance of a radio signal again.
Were the standard Cabasse head units amplified for radio internally as well as using the roof unit? Im thinking this JVC unit I have isnt man enough for this

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I swapped the aerial off my wifes car this morning which fortunately fit ( I was running a cheap bee sting type aerial) and I lo and behold I have a some semblance of a radio signal again.
Were the standard Cabasse head units amplified for radio internally as well as using the roof unit? Im thinking this JVC unit I have isnt man enough for this
I Can't comment on whether the Cabasse units were amplified for signal etc, but I had similar problems in a MK4 golf where the Aerial used to get its signal amplifier power down the actual aerial line. You can get a cheap adapter to try on the clio perhaps? They look like an aerial socket with a blue wire dangling off them.

I have no idea if that's how the Clio system works, just my experience with aftermarket headunits and amplified aerial bases

Edit: All the adapters list for VW, but i've linked one just for reference Car Stereo Aerial Antenna Amplified Adapter

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No .. they had a long aerial.

Those very short ones are crap.