ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No radio reception

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Have had utterly crap radio reception for years so I finally got round to changing the aerial base (as I thought that was the problem). As it turns out fitting a brand new one hasn’t fixed the problem at all - it’s made zero difference.
All connections are right in the back of the head unit (a circa 2010 jvc thing).
Only thing I can think of now is changing the radio for another one.
Anyone got any other ideas I can try before resorting to this?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I swapped the aerial off my wifes car this morning which fortunately fit ( I was running a cheap bee sting type aerial) and I lo and behold I have a some semblance of a radio signal again.
Were the standard Cabasse head units amplified for radio internally as well as using the roof unit? Im thinking this JVC unit I have isnt man enough for this

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I swapped the aerial off my wifes car this morning which fortunately fit ( I was running a cheap bee sting type aerial) and I lo and behold I have a some semblance of a radio signal again.
Were the standard Cabasse head units amplified for radio internally as well as using the roof unit? Im thinking this JVC unit I have isnt man enough for this

I Can't comment on whether the Cabasse units were amplified for signal etc, but I had similar problems in a MK4 golf where the Aerial used to get its signal amplifier power down the actual aerial line. You can get a cheap adapter to try on the clio perhaps? They look like an aerial socket with a blue wire dangling off them.

I have no idea if that's how the Clio system works, just my experience with aftermarket headunits and amplified aerial bases

Edit: All the adapters list for VW, but i've linked one just for reference Car Stereo Aerial Antenna Amplified Adapter

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No .. they had a long aerial.

Those very short ones are crap.