ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise from air vents at speed!

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Mornin' all,

Does anyone else get a whistling noise through their air vents around the 80 - 100 mph mark?

Mine is a 182 with climate control, it does it with the blower on and directed at the windscreen or direct into the car. It doesn't seem to make any differance!

Not a problem but bloody annoying!

JB

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mine does it at highways speeds when I have the air conditioning off. If I turn it on the noise stops. I complained and asked for it to be fixed under warranty. My request came back "unable to test - no action".

6/468 17poo
jeeeez every clio ive been in makes this annoying noise!i took my whole dash out and vents found nothing put it all back together and get the same noise, most annoying whistle ever!

Ryan

Citroen DS3 DSport
I also notice a wind whistle noise at cruising speeds on the motorway but it's nothing that the stereo can't hide :D

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i had similar noise took in in to my local dealer turned out to be the wing mirror seal sorted now with a bit of sealer :D

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
My 182 does this at motorway speeds as well. My 1.2 doesn't though? Driver's side wingmirror also makes a whistling noise due to a hole on the underside.

Mine does it too - theres an easy solution though

buy a decent car - Im gonna get rid of mine and get a Mini cooper - my 182 is sh@T so many problems and dealers that cant tell there @rse from there elbow.

I wouldnt have another renault - even if they gave it to me for nothing.

172cup
richy92 said:
Mine does it too - theres an easy solution though

buy a decent car - Im gonna get rid of mine and get a Mini cooper - my 182 is sh@T so many problems and dealers that cant tell there @rse from there elbow.

I wouldnt have another renault - even if they gave it to me for nothing.

b****cks. I dissagree with all of that.

Nissan 350Z
Sorry to drag this up... sounds like the same problem as I have...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133741&highlight=whistling

It seems to coming from the interior light - if I apply firm pressure to the unit with my hand, the noise stops. Just need a way to make it permanent!

Tried the tape on the mirror trick, that didnt make any difference.

And yes I agree it sounds like its coming from the air vents, so I was surprised to discover this!

106 GTi
Just replied on you other thread mine sounds low down in the centre console but will give it a try.