ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise on idle when warm

hi all, i have a 172 phase 1, when the car is on idle and only when engine is warm theirs a horrible rattley knocky sort of noise very hard to describe but my first thought was it was a tensioner bearing or something along them lines, gave it to mates dad who took aux belt off checked pulleys ect then took cambelt off and checked everything and said it all seemed ok and he thinks its something to do with the vvt cam? does anyone know anything about these? could it be that? also if it could be how much to get fixed? sorry for the long story, thanks for any help! also been told it could be the fuel vapour valve? is this likely?

EP3 Civic Type R
Charcoal cannister? They start making a noise when warm?

Have a search on the threads on here, see if any of them match your symtoms?

hi, thanks iv just spent ages going through posts on charcoal cannisters and found a clip of someones and mine sounds exactly like his did, he said he disconected the charcoal cannister and it went to see it that was the problem, iv never heard of a charcoal cannister, anyone no where it is and how to disconect it? thanks for the reply!

EP3 Civic Type R
It's on the drivers side, sat nr the bumper. If you take the wheel and inner arch off it's pretty easy to get too :)

dunno i wanna no the same thing? am curiouse, also dont suppose asking if anyone has a pic of one? i no its a long shot but worth asking.