ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 5800

Polo + Micra
yeah i've had one for 2 days now

still getting used to it at the mo

i'd say it is defiantly no iphone on the touch side of it (although i've never really used an iphone)

the music side of it is good with a nice round sound.

the camera isn't as good as i thought it would be.

the screen is really nice though

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Video quality looks decent, photo quality looks a bit pap compared to other 3MP cameras, even the iPhone photos look better on screen.

Have a play with one to see how you find the touchscreen. Different technology to the iphone so you apply a bit of pressure on the screen, works effortlessly with the stylus but I wasn't so convinced by the finger touch.

IMO its not a bad phone from the long play I had with it, it just doesn't feel as fast or as smooth to use as an iPhone. But at over £100 cheaper, I think it can easily justify its price tag. I was so tempted to get one but decided to hold back for a while and see what new phones get announced in the coming months.

quick question do they have wifi? im ordering off the nokia website (cheapest place i can find at 249.99) and they say wifi is on the 3g phone only

Polo + Micra
i got mine from nokia aswell (as i thought it would be better than having branded software)

yeah comes with 3g and wifi

Polo + Micra
you get 2 stylus things, a plectrum, headphones and the control part, a stand and a rubber case + the cables to connect it to your tv/pc.

yeah this is the first touch phone i've had but i'm pretty used to it already. although i tend to use the stylus due to being ham fisted lol.

the only thing that has let it own a bit for me is the camera (although i very rarely use it). it is a really poor 3.2 mp camera and the video is poor aswell.

Black Gold 182
i've just got one of these. Do like it, but it is a little large for my liking.
It has Sat Nav also, but havent used this feature yet.
Does anyone know what i'l be charged for using the Sat Nav? Also what do you get charged for using the net? Im on O2.
Also you say it has Wifi. Does this mean I can connect to Net from my wireless home connection (im guessing yes!).

umm as far as i know you can turn the online mode off on the satnav bit it wont charge. wifi yes you can and once youve connected once it connects again for you. umm ive got a evening and weekend bundle on orange for £5 a month see if 02 do a similar one

330Ci (Fail)Sport
o2 is £7.50/month for unlimited web bolt on (around 200MB fair usage I think, which is plenty for most)

335i M SPORT!!!!
It was for sale in carphonewarehouse for a while for £199 which has now been taken down... i'll pick one up its back... it there like an app store for it? the billions of apps for my current n95 8gb n iPhone,

Polo + Micra
you sure it's still connected?

the little symbol in the top corner just means that it has found wlan signal

SLK250 CDI
I had a look at one in the Nokia shop today, seems quite slow - when you press on something, it thinks about it for a second (like Ericssonitis) - not like the iPhone, you can see it's doing something as soon as you press.

it internet is just like the internet on the pc. if your in a wifi zone you can use bbc iplayer (its restricted to wifi due to network data charges i think)

ValverInBits
im on my brand new 5800. I think its spot on. Touch screen seems good, pretty acurate if your fingers arent too fat!

ValverInBits
annoyingly it's the 1st phone ever with symbian S60 V5 - which means software is very limited. can't get any iTunes remote software or anything :(

ValverInBits
Short review:
It does uTube pretty well.
IPlayer application is cool, but christ it's a bit iffy. Stalling and lagging on my 10meg Wifi
Texting is a doddle. So So many keyboard layouts including handwriting with the stylus
Actually calling someone is good too. :)
Cliosport works well. Photobucket won't work. Facebook App is good.
The camera is a damn sight better than everyone says it is. Marked improvement over iphone.
Battery seems good as long as you don't use all the technology all the time.
Managed to get emails working too.
Little locking switch on the side is IDEAL. in phone speakers are great.
This has been the worst structured review ever.....thanks!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The camera is a damn sight better than everyone says it is. Marked improvement over iphone.

I thought the camera was poor. On screen quality didn't seem as sharp as the iphone IMO. The video was good though, not far off N95 quality I thought. Only judging by using the phone screen, didn't get to see them on a computer or TV.

ValverInBits
C905s are so so much trouble.
Heard of people having 4 phones in 2 months and crazy things like that.

Agreed the 5800 camera is poor in bad light.
Pretty good in good light

Where the phone falls down is the lack of software available. So no cool apps like the iPhone.
But I get my 5800 for just under £20pm, whereas a mate has to pay £45pm on his iPhone. No brainer.

Not a bad phone, I got one on contract but sold it to my mate as I already have an N96. He seems happy with it.