ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia Announcements

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lumina 800

nokia-lumia-1319619405.jpg

Lumia 710

lumia710a.jpg

Last edited:
The official specs however include a 3.7-inch WVGA 800 x 480 AMOLED screen; 1.4Ghz MSM8255 Snapdragon processor with 512MB of RAM, and 16GB of internal storage. An 8-megapixel camera with LED flash has also been bolted on

Looks great although I have just read on Engadget that it's plastic? Surely aluminium would of been the better way to go for a more premium feel, especially since Nokia use a lot of metal in their other phones.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do not want. That's an horrendous looking phone in today's market.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No its injection moulded polycarb, so if you scratch it the underneath is the same colour.

The N9 got rave reviews on design and thats the same externally, i love the look. Very fresh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's fresh I suppose but you look at the iPhone and look at that it's looks almost toyish. Maybe the plastic doesn't help.

No doubt it'll be a great phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
£370 sim free too. Bargain.

I can see WP7 sales increasing 10x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The first picture looks totally different from the rest. Black looks much better.

Think the Sony Ericsson were the last company to advertise with earphones!

Listerine & Poledo
need to actually try a windows-nokia before I commit.

THeir symbian E-phones have always done me proud though

I must say WP7 is very nice to use. It's buttery smooth like iOS in a way that Android just can't replicate. I imagine it's a great OS with Mango now.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
looks really really nice, i cant wait to try this out.

im still trying to get my hands on an N9 if anyone can help?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
now that looks like a good desire replacement when i'm due my upgrade! Have to look into app availability on WP7. Glad nokia have stepped up the game, I was quite disappointed when they announced the windows OS link, always thought they should have gone to android

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I must say WP7 is very nice to use. It's buttery smooth like iOS in a way that Android just can't replicate. I imagine it's a great OS with Mango now.

I've had my HD7 since April, and to start with I wasn't sure id made the right choice, and probably should have gone android. However, since mango I've been impressed with the update, it makes it the phone it should have been from the start. They'll sell bucket loads imo. Black one looks nice!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was a die hard nokia fan until they started lagging behind. Looks like they have stepped up their game to compete with the modern market.

For now I'm sticking with apple but I might change back to Nokia next year.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my own personal view, id take my n900 over an iphone any day.

i know millions wouldnt agree with me but hey thats my view. played with plenty of iphones and they just arent all that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Gf has had 2 iPhones, both buggy with lock ups and what not. Can't say I've had any issues with my hd7. I did have a slight issue with logging on on CS when the forum was updated, but since I went 7.5 its been bob on!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Played with an 800 last week.

Great design, lovely to hold in the hand. Opened the sky news app and it took 20-30 sec to load. Closed it again and opened it, same again.

FAIL.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Pics! (ive seen it, but its nice to see)

Tell me you didnt get a black one.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yes black one as thats all carphone had, bit i like it in black.

pics when i get home from work. am loving the screen

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
now im annoying!

put the simcard in the phone and i didnt receive any setting. so send off active to 2020 and i get a tx back saying we cant deal with your request phone us

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Had a play with an 800. Impressive touchscreen!! not sure I like the tiles, they're a bit cartoony/childish. More impressed than I thought I would be though