ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia Announcements

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
really struggling to learn how to use it.

im at work so cant just plug it in at the moment

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
soon get the hang of it!

Press and hold a tile and you can move them around, press the (>) to get the full apps, and again any of these can be added to the main tile screen. Also you can save any page/forum on the main screen. So, find it with IE, then once on the CS home page for example, press and hold the page, should then come up "pin to start". The page will load up nice and quick then. Should be 99% the same as my HD7 id have thought. Its a good OS once used to it :)

Last edited:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
am getting the hang of it now thanks and really loving it. very fast and very smooth.

and just the same as the n900 you can have lots of web pages open as once, in a tab style system. very easy to use

only thing i cant do at the moment is connect the phone to the computer as a mass memory drive. it seems to be just like a ipoo and everything has to be done via the software

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, i presume you get Zune too??

Only worked our the other day if you press and hold the back arrow, you can flick between all recent tabs. Sure that only came about with 7.5

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If these Nokias catch on, I can see windows becoming a big player. The office app is a great bit if kit also, very handy if its all synchronized with work and what not. I use it loads

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah agreed, its a good OS. Too Slow for me in its current incarnation, plus i dont use windows.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my only dislike so far is the way everything is linked to facebook and windows live.

all contacts get put as facebook contacts and its just a big ghay

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Pics! (ive seen it, but its nice to see)

Tell me you didnt get a black one.

as requested

DSC_2895Large.jpg

DSC_2896Large.jpg

DSC_2899Large.jpg

DSC_2898Large.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
thats cos on this forum if you dont own an iphone your classed as a loooooser....

lacking in apps....

theres millions from what ive seen so far

Listerine & Poledo
given that probably 3/4 of all listed apps on Android are waff, I'd rather 1000 useful, tested, working ones that I'd pay for.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah comparing it to the iPhone.

It's funny how the comparisons/arguements are never started by actual iPhone owners.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
hahaha now this is funny my new phone which is 24 hours old has massivly fooked up.

frozen completely, wont switch off, wont change screens, wont do anything.

being an all in one phone you cant take the battery out so cant do anything with it. time to phone nokia i suppose

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
haha after a mere 24 hour i suspect not many phones would do this. its still proper frozen i cant do anything

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i actually phone nokia and to do a reset you have to hold the power button for 10 seconds.

i did that and its now working again, stupid phone. so much for being good...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Should have bought an iphone lol. Only joking and looks like a nice phone. With it being a Nokia it should be straight forwrd to use?.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
it is pretty easy to use when its not frozen.

ive been waiting for 24 hours for them to transfer my number over so ive only been using it for web stuff. second phone call i make and the b*****d freezes

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ooopsy. Cant say i've had any locking up glitches on my HD7 (yet)