ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia E90 Vs ??? Which Smartphone? (Tom)

Clio 197
Hiya,

I can have ANY handset free on upgrade (as long as its not an Iphone or an 8800).

I was thinking of getting the Nokia E90 (I already have a smallish handset for day-to-day use anyway) - I miss having my Psion 5MX, so I recon the E90 will do the job.

Is there anything else out there that is close, or might be better? (PS I prefer to have a proper keyboard for typing things up).

Oms. :D

monaco blue 172 ..
Re: Help with Free Upgrade - Which Smartphone? (Tom)

lg viewty has the normal keypad as in the numbered ones or you can change it to a full qwerty keypad at the touch of a button ... i have the viewty and its the best phone ive had so far !!!!

Clio 197
Re: Help with Free Upgrade - Which Smartphone? (Tom)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm wanting something user-friendly - is the keyboard a touch sensitive thing? If so, is it easy to use, and how much space does it take on the screen?

I'd like to type with both hands / thumbs if possible.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
E90 FTW.

E71 (not out yet) also looks good.

Sonyericsson P1i is bloody good too.

Clio 197
Hmmm.

I'd like to use the device as a GPS whilst I'm cycling - I've got both Viewranger (s60) and MemoryMap (windows mobile).

Kaiser wouldn't need opening to glance at large map, but the nokia has a higher res internal screen.

What about email/docs - I assume Nokia is just as good as Windows Mobile for document support?

Finally, internet - which is a better browser on wifi/3g?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
S60 has the better browser.
Windows better excel/word support.

The kaiser's GPS is bloody good, but so is the e90's

Dont forget the e90 is a fully functional s60 mobile when closed.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
P1i is too good tbh, so much better than its predecesors (p990 and P900 which Ive owned). And yes you can type with both your thumbs and fingers! TomTom soon to be installed!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive had both the E90 and kaiser...Th kaisers lasted since it was first released but got rid of the E90 within a week of buying it.

The kaisers GPS is brilliannt gets a lock in seconds and you can install any satnav app you want...where as with the e90 you can only use there nokia maps app,if you want to install tomtom you can only use it with an external GPS.

Also the kaisers touch screen which is is what the e90's missing and lets it down.

Id also recommend going and having a look at the E90 as its mahooosive in comparison to the kaiser.

Either way both pretty good but as im a fan of WM it would have to be the kaiser for me

Clio 197
Ta.

E90's arrived... but I havn't opened the box. It feels wrong to do so knowing I'll probably be after the Kaiser.

Why? I've got an E65 so the Kaiser would be used just as a PDA or GPS. I've got memory map and tomtom somewhere...

...I just hope it's better than the MDA - that was crap IMO.