ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

SLK 350
No chap, they already had some today but they've been allocated, she said they're getting dribs n drabs in but that they will be getting more stock tomorrow. Also phoned my local O2 shop and they're getting them in on Saturday.

Their CS is fine, just Nokia never actually supply release dates on any of their phones, therefore they can never know exactly when to expect them. Oh and try going on '3' is you want a fine example of sh1t CS, they really do take the biscuit.

Orange is a good network though, was with them year before last just find O2's reception better tbh.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Fair enough. Just very doubtfull of O2, as had some real nightmares with them before, as has my brother, and several freinds. If you think their CS is fine then all i can say is lucky you, you have obviously been very lucky. lol. Maybe that they have so many pre-orders that they dont think they will be able to fill them till july, so wont have any spare phones to sell till then. Dont know, Hope it comes through for you soon though.

SLK 350
I'm not losing sleep at nights waiting for them, its a phone at the end of the day. And im determined to get a good deal from them. In fairness i've had little cause to deal with them, never had any issues with phone/network and when i have called i haven't been on hold overly long, nor have i had any bad experiences of their department. But if you, your brother and several friends have had serious issues with them, then i must be lucky...are you sure you weren't all calling '3' by accident?

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Lol. Nope, it was definalty them. lol. No sure it'll be fine. As i said, hope you get it soon. Looking forward to getting mine.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
three is toss! i was with them for the past year.

the girl i spoke to at O2 said the phones are set at £99.99.

Golf GTI 1.8T
back to actuall N80 talk...

how the f**k can I delete all the messages in my inbox, just cant see any option to do it.

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah I know can get it in the towns, north, east and south of here but in a kinda valley and cant. I only know 1 person with a 3G phone anyway, I'd prefer the N80 without it, its just a gimmick. most the people I chat to on the phone I see regularly, why would I wanna see their face on my phone! :S

SLK 350
Right the saga continues on O2...

Just this second came off the phone to O2. Basically now being told that N80 isn't coming in until the end of July, told her that this was ridiculous and I was told only yesterday that it will be in stock this week if not early next week. Was then put on hold wile she apparently confirmed it with her manager. Came back to be saying that Nokia had delayed releasing the phone to O2.

I then told her how unhappy i was getting at being repeatedly strung along and lied too. She apologised explaining they were at the mercy of Nokia.

I then said i wished to speak to disconnections, and was informed i was speaking to the correct person. So i cut to the chase, i stated i wished to leave O2 if they failed to appease me.

So then she offered me:

Deal 1
£15.00 monthly.
O2 200 tariff (my current tariff) with 200xnet minutes and 150sms.
12 month contract.
Any phone currently available.

I then said i needed more minutes...

Deal 2
£17.50 monthly
500xnet minutes, 200sms
12 month contract
Any phone available.

Was fairly happy with the second deal, as it would be muchos plenty for my needs. The only other thing would be to goto Orange and get the N80 on their 300xnet package for £30(?) - not really worth the hassle and extra costs to be honest.

Liking the Samsung E900 look, but also tempted by the W810i given i already own a K750 its pretty much the same phone.

similar thing with me last nite.

so they said if i wait for it they will give me 500 mins any time xnet and 800 txts for £34
which is beter than the £45 for 400 mins and 100 txts that im getting at the mo as i need more mins and a few less texts.

and for the incoveince ( spelling ) they have credited £15 to my account so i think i will wait. lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
I collect my N80 from o2 tomorrow :) yesssss!!!!!!

£27 p/month 750 xnet mins & 750 texts. Phone free.

SLK 350
Just read up about the E900, seems pretty much like the LG chocolate, but more feature packed. Will phone back and get that me thinks. Leasts its nice and slimline, unlike the K750.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Sorry to hear they led you on. The samsung looks really sweet. Is a good choice. Just ordered my n80 from orange 10mins ago. Should get here monday. All good.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
dont u fancy an 18 month contract? i've signed up with Orange. Their web deals cannot be beaten currently for new signups, iv looked everywhere!

£30 a month
1500 txts
500 mins anytime any network
N80 - £49.99

or u can juggle the calls and txts around for the same pice if you require more calls and less texts.

Citroen DS3 DSport
ozzyo get o2 retentions to give you a deal you are happy with for the N80, phone your local o2 shop and they will reserve it for you to collect tomorrow when they become available. That's what I'm doing.

The retail outlets are receiving stock first.

Adams_16v said:
dont u fancy an 18 month contract? i've signed up with Orange. Their web deals cannot be beaten currently for new signups, iv looked everywhere!

£30 a month
1500 txts
N80 - £49.99

or u can juggle the calls and txts around for the same pice if you require more calls and less texts.

That is a great deal. I wonder if o2 can match it? I would go with orange but their signal is crap where I work.

Scott

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i tried with O2 but they couldnt touch it. Im an existing customer as well.

I tried ringin as a new customer and asked if they could match it and they said they arent deal matching at the mo.

shame about the signal at your work booo :(

I may cancel with o2. This deal is too good. Is the Orange N80 locked to any network? I could get a pay as you go sim card for the times im away.

Scott

Adams_16v said:

£30 a month
1500 txts
N80 - £49.99

Just on the website is it a 1000 extra texts and 200 mins per month or 1000 extra texts and 200 mins across the 18 months?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
it might be worth asking O2 matey as it seems their staff have difference stories for everyone lol!

I think the orange phones are locked to orange, but you can get them unlocked legit for £20ish

I ordered mine yesterday its been delivered this morning.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
scott8629 said:
Just on the website is it a 1000 extra texts and 200 mins per month or 1000 extra texts and 200 mins across the 18 months?
Per Month I think mate yeah! Best be lol! I rang up about it a few weeks back and eh said it was per month, but its not very clear on the website is it really. mind you any of the minutes or texts dont say 'per month' so i assume it will be!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
worth a try if the signal is better at your work bud :)

nothign worse than having a crap signal where you spend half your life! Im in that situation now on 3!

SLK 350
sneeks said:
ozzyo get o2 retentions to give you a deal you are happy with for the N80, phone your local o2 shop and they will reserve it for you to collect tomorrow when they become available. That's what I'm doing.

The retail outlets are receiving stock first.

No can do mate, i tried that and they stated that O2 retail and O2 online are different entities - therefore O2 shops cannot do the same deals as O2 online, and handsets are already reserved for preorders.

She also said that the O2 store hadn't had their delivery today, so they doubt they will have it stocked for tomorrow. Frankly i can't be arsed hanging around for a phone. Just seen one for the first time in CPW and to be honest, it's too bulky for my liking, although the spec is good.

I'd prefer to be on a lower priced tariff £17.50 a month, have a slimline phone and still be in pocket. End of the day i could eBay the E900 if its no good, sell my K750 and buy a N80 sim free and still be in pocket. 18 month contracts are a no-no for me too, its too long with anyone phone imo.

sc002.jpg

Be here tuesday, so let ya's know if its anygood. Although its pretty much a D600 in different packaging i guess :)

SLK 350
Adams_16v said:

£30 a month
1500 txts
N80 - £49.99

1500 Texts, i dont send more than 5 a day = 150 monthly (200 free on my tariff)
500xnet minutes, i get 500xnet minutes.
12 month contract
£17.50

I guess if you text like a madman its not a bad deal, but its only value if you use it. Pretty happy with my deal, apparently its the O2 500 tariff im on now, but for 1/2 price.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's a bugger :( It worked for me and the o2 store confirmed that they have the stock there already and I can collect in the morning when they are officially available. The store will not give you the tariff, that's dealt with on the phone with retentions. All the store do is provide the phone.

SLK 350
Well i'll pop down and ask tomorrow, but then again i think ill be pissed up by 12 :)

If this E900 is no good though, then i can ditch it later down the line. I don't travel many places that has Wifi, and i have a digi camera, so i guess most of the N80's selling points are wasted on me. Just means me carrying a phone around thats twice the size i ideally need it too be.

SLK 350
Nope, tried three branches local to me, and all of them stated they cannot supply a handset for an O2 Online deal. Guessed that would be the case, but they can't process it via their systems.

Nuneaton have 1 left in stock though at the moment. Hinckley should have them tomorrow, but not confirmed - so seems like they are being released but only to the stores and not to O2 online. Probably to sttract more customers i guess.