ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think it really does depend on what you are used to using. I've used the Nokia 6630 for over a year now and love it, texting is a dream and net access has proved handy. The N80 will offer me all of this and more but in a quicker and in many ways more compact package. I had considered the w810i but after having used one today I decided it is not at all for me, I prefer the Nokia interface.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
it all depends what you want from a phone, I think a lot of people are buying it without thinking about what its actually designed for.

compare the size of the N80 to PDA phones and its very small in comparison. This is the nearest thing your gonna get to a full blown PDA phone, but with a good camera (pda's generally have crap ones).

If your used to a Motorola Razor or a SE phone that is a good phone and cam but doesnt do a great deal else then you propably wont like it.

If you are like me and have always had chunky mofo's and like sat nav, massive storage, loads of 3rd party apps, gadgets etc, etc then its great! i personally think its a quality phone.

Also any bugs are ususally fixed in firmware released. go back a few pages and see what difference the latest firmware makes.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Adams_16v said:
If you are like me and have always had chunky mofo's and like sat nav, massive storage, loads of 3rd party apps, gadgets etc, etc then its great! i personally think its a quality phone.
I'd be lost without my Symbian OS if I were to choose a different style of phone. Thought about it but the 6600 and 6630 were two of the best phones I've ever owned and I've owned many. The N80 will offer me all that they did and alot more too.

It's with the courier and will be with me tomorrow :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
andy_con said:
you should come to the phone stall on braintree market out side tesco on saturday mitch. im sure we can do you a good case to protect ya phone ;)

nope the cases are poop.

I had mine on for 4 hours before I ripped it of, it got dust behind it and scratch the screen cover!

O2 just quoted me £120 for an upgrade on the online 200 contract (£30)

Gays, im nervous about threating to cancel in case they say OK and put me through to the cancelation departments :(

Also they dont have stock til the start of July

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
If you look on orange, they have an identical contract, price, minutes and txts, to o2's online 200, which is what i was on to. So just went to orange, as i was tired of waiting for them. So unless your loyal to o2 for some reason just cancel and go for it. What i have done, and have had no problems what so ever. Really easy.

RSi Dave said:
O2 just quoted me £120 for an upgrade on the online 200 contract (£30)

Gays, im nervous about threating to cancel in case they say OK and put me through to the cancelation departments :(

Also they dont have stock til the start of July

ffs!! :(

Im on online 200 too. Im not paying £120! Orange here I come...

Clio 172mk2
rsi dave

cancelation departments , lol thats retentions , and trust me they give u plenty of opertunities , before they`ll aggree to cancel it .

Well the reasons i want to stay with o2 are

A) I keep my number which i like
B) Phones are unlocked
C) Phones dont come plastered with the operator logo
D) Service has been top notch, never ever had an issue with them
E) Also the phones firmware is less messed about with (so ive heard)

However looking around and as people have said Orange can do the exact same deal with the same phone for £49 so if when i ring up again they cannot at least match that with something else thrown in i will cancel and i will go to Orange as every other network is well expensive for both the contract deals and the phone.

Also Orange has the advantage of Orange Wednesday :)

biojo said:
rsi dave

cancelation departments , lol thats retentions , and trust me they give u plenty of opertunities , before they`ll aggree to cancel it .

retentions, thats the one. Couldnt remember it.... anyway im sure they will do but i get worried LoL :approve:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
dave,

number can be transfered for nowt.
phone is locked but they can be unlocked
Logo is only tiny on the back and comes off if u use soemhting on it
dunno about service but not had a prob with O2 or orange
firmware is updatable easily enough which takes any orange stuff off. only the odd thing on there really anyway

Citroen DS3 DSport
Just checked the order tracking and my n80 will definately be with me tomorrow. o2 finally got their finger out.

Clio 172mk2
well ive checked my fone and ive allready got the most upto date firmware thats available :)

which is a good thing for me so no messing

Clio 172mk2
yep thats the ver thats on mine . think ive just finally set up the fone to how i like.

could do with a few more apps on it if theres owt decent and a 2gig mem card then i should be sorted until tom tom gets released

Hi, I really have not got the time to read all 40 pages of theis thread, so can people that have the phone please answer this,

1. How long does the battery last, I have been told only 24 hours before recharge needed?

2. any bad bugs?

3. how is the quality of the phone?

4. is it worth upgrading to an N80 from my k750i...as my contract runs out in 2 weeks?

Thanks

Simon

Citroen DS3 DSport
biojo said:
aparently some carphonewarehouses will flash em , but how much does this cost for future reference

I've had this done in the past and it's always been free.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
if you use it a lot especially WIFI then battery is crap. at the end of the day the cars are down to 2 or 3. standby with all power save features on and they claim 7 days though.

charging litterally takes about half an hour though fro flat to full charged!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm collecting my phone at 6pm tonight from the courier :) Can't wait. Hope it lives up to the hype :D

Clio 172mk2
IVE HAD MY FONE ON STANDY BY FOR 20-24hrs roughly and its still been on full bars , but as said if yer using webpages and wi fi you soon loose all bars n the bats dead after a few hrs

Golf GTI 1.8T
SimonV6 said:
Hi, I really have not got the time to read all 40 pages of theis thread, so can people that have the phone please answer this,

1. How long does the battery last, I have been told only 24 hours before recharge needed? If I dont use it much 2 days, if I use the net and make lots of calls I charge it every night.

2. any bad bugs? nope, not that I know of. crashed on me once cos it wouldnt open snakes :( lol

3. how is the quality of the phone? very good, apart from the macro switch on the back is cheap and crap.

4. is it worth upgrading to an N80 from my k750i...as my contract runs out in 2 weeks? not sure never had one but from seeing my friends YES. 1: it doesnt have a breaking joystick 2: better cam 3: much quicker than the 750i

:)

DC5
I doubt that is something that could be made available on a firmware upgrade? I assume it is the actual phone / camera that deals with that.

Anyway, I will see next week. I have ordered mine from o2 today. Had to pay £49.99. But reduced my tariff and got more free txts. Even if it is an 18month tariff.

To be fair, I think this phone is going to do far more than I will ever use. If they'd got the e900 in stock I think I'd have chose that. If I don't get on with this one, then I can always send it back within 14days, and get the e900 then.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Finally received my N80 and love it. The screen is amazing in comparison to my old 6630. Very impressed so far.

phoned o2 upgrades last night they wanted £229 and the phone was out of stock until july.i then phoned cancellations today telling them i was leaving to go to orange.they offered me the phone for £180 and £10 a month for 100mins and 100 texts which is plenty for me,and the phone is on its way, the only problem is i have had to fork out £180 for the phone saving £50 over the year.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i c alled O2 today to enquire for a friend, and they said they had N80 in stock ready to send out now.

Bloke on phone was a complete c**k though, very rude and just hung up without even saying goodbye.

PRICK!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The thing I'm most impressed with so far is the entry and exit screens when I press the Multimedia button :) Brilliant.

:D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
can any N80 owners tell me what size your MMS pictures arive at. are they really small? cant figure out if its the phone thats reducung them or Orange.

Clio 172mk2
couldnt comment only sent 2 mms`s and i found out 2 days after the person has a 3310 , gues they didnt get em