ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N96 vs Iphone 3GS

Engles Mummy
What would you have?

Nokia N96 All Black -

nokia-n96-1.jpg

Iphone 3GS -

iphone-3gs.jpg

I'm completely lost with it all! So many f**king phones to choose from. I need a phone which looks cool, does emailing, facebook and will keep me entertained on long journeys.

Is the Iphone really the best out there?

Adam

I don't know what the new Nokia is like, and from previous experience of trying to better the iPhone with my Failberry, I would say iPhone Adam.

VaVa
If you intend to surf on it alot, there's nothing better than an iPhone tbh. It fails in other areas still, but for browsing it's f**king immense for a phone tbh.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I just got a white 16gb 3gs. Great for browing and the apps. Shite as a phone, due to battery life and touch screen (it's the best I've used but I don't like touch screens one bit). If you want it as a multimedia job, it's the best. I'm keeping my N95 in the car fro when the iphone runs out of juice.

Barge
My battery is pretty sweet on the iPhone, and I listen to it all day at work. As well as calls, texts and browsing. :S

But I do charge it every night too.

I charge my BB up every night. I can still wear the battery down very easily if I talk, text, browse and map all the time.

VaVa
Are you including the time its plugged into your PC charging? lol

My brother in law say's it a "charge every night" phone however much you use it. But as long as it can last a day it's not the end of the world.

As a side note, and this may be BS, but my phone seems to hold it's charge much longer now I live in an area that has full signal. Where I lived before it was very poor reception area and my theory was that the phone was constantly searching/trying to lock onto a signal and this caused the battery to drain much quicker.

Don't quote me on that though lol. Just my theory.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL WTF!

my battery is fine, and i hammer my phone!

if i use it as a phone i get left with 75% battery at the end of the day

Most days i get left with about 55% as i do plenty of other stuff on it too
? Problem?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
You don't like touch screens but bought an iPhone......

Seems odd to me!

Although i suppose the iPhone is that good at what it does, so that could be all the justification you need........

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i genuinelly didnt think youd get one. if it wasnt for that work app, would you of not bothered?

You don't like touch screens but bought an iPhone......

Seems odd to me!

Although i suppose the iPhone is that good at what it does, so that could be all the justification you need........
Markie nailed it. Had it not been for the ichart2000 app, and that I got the phone as a free upgrade, I wouldn't of got one. Having used it properly, I still wouldn't get it for any other reason.

E87 118d M Sport
im reading excuses......and they are all saying

"i have large fingers"

;)

(£45 well spent yeah? how do you rate it? cuz i cant imagine going to the opticians and him chucking me an iphone lol)

57 Clio Campus Sport
iPhone 3GS no contest, if you had put N97 instead of N96 there would have been a little bit more of a contest but still iPhone, I thought the N97 would be amazing but it is slow and buggy. I'm getting iPhone as soon as they back in stock.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
im reading excuses......and they are all saying

"i have large fingers"

;)

(£45 well spent yeah? how do you rate it? cuz i cant imagine going to the opticians and him chucking me an iphone lol)
Works very well tbh. The diagrams are good for drawing on using the touchscreen to demo conditions etc to patients.

"This is what's wrong, this is the bit that we are going to chop out/off and this is some idea of what it will look like afterwards . . . "

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
"This is what's wrong, this is the bit that we are going to chop out/off and this is some idea of what it will look like afterwards . . . "
"And when you completely disregard my advice, and then ignore the horrific pain that your contact lens infection is causing as it chews through your cornea, this is what it will look like"

clio 182 black /gold
I am undecided between the N97 or Iphone. I know it says N96 but in September i can upgrade.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
about a month ago I would protest Nokia, but since my sister got a iPod Touch, I've seen how amazing the app store etc is.... the 'Touches are the best gadget about, add to that the fact the iPhone is a phone.....

iPhone hands down! (my friend just bought one on PAYG, he's loving it)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
HTC magic, i just got one on a free upgrade.. its mint has an apps store called android market ?! nearly all apps are free and same as i phone, but its £30 a month on an 18 month contract instead of 24 month contract £45 a monthfor the 16gb 3gs
worth checking out !