ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia - on the brink of self destruction?

Is this the new thing. Anyone with conflicting views is a troll?

They're s**t. I don't like them. End of story. No need to get upset.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Is this the new thing. Anyone with conflicting views is a troll?

They're s**t. I don't like them. End of story. No need to get upset.

Hey I'm not upset darling. I was laughing at you. I've missed you, it's great to have you on this thread.

Kiss kiss xxx

Evo 5 RS
I heard Windows Phone might just save their market share.

It doesn't matter though, they're one of the top 100 companies in the world, they can combat anything. Even not selling stuff apparently.

lol. f**k sake.

Wait no, sorry. Apparently that only applies to Finland. Well that's a start I guess

Theres hope yet, Pete.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I wouldn't go back to a Nokia phone. Most people I know are moving away from nokias and onto iPhones. Apple seem to be taking over IMO, everyone I see now has an iPhone. Apple stole the market from Nokia IMO.

Out of my family, only my sister has a Nokia, everyone else has an iPhone of some description. She likes her lumia but she has said that when her contract is up she is going to get an iPhone. Nokia phones break too much, I used to go through 3/4 handsets in 18 months. I've had the same apple handset for nearly 2 years and it works as new.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The current ones (Lumias) wont as they have old chipsets so wont support the next level of apps or OS.

So thats a big f**k up especially if you signed up for more than 12 months.
Symbian is still good in some respects, but nobody is buying those handsets With the exception of a few purists, like yourself.

yep agree'd that they have massively shot themselfs in the foot with the current lumias coming with 7.5 which isnt all that compaired to what 8 is apparently going to be however ive not really read up much on windows phone.

the last update to symbian is roumoured to be adding dual core and HD screen support, and i genuinely think some nice handsets could have been made with this, problem is they have already started to effectively kill it off by announcing that they plan to end development of the OS in the future, not a great thing to do when you

1. havn't even started shipping your new £500 flagship phone yet with the "dead" OS on it and
2. are shipping your other high end phones with hardware that wont support the next gen of that OS

bad management, never going to make a recovery like this!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Was just about to post this!

THINGS JUST KEEP GETTING WORSEfor struggling Finnish phone maker [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Nokia[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], as the company announced a second quarter loss of €826m today.Nokia reported that its phone revenues were down five per cent quarter-on-quarter, which saw the[COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]company's[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] loss plunge to €826m, compared to a loss of €487m posted in the first quarter last year.
On the upside, Nokia reported that sales of its Windows Phone powered Lumia smartphones increased to four million in the three month period, adding that it raked in €7.5bn in total mobile phone sales in the second quarter.
[COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Nokia [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]CEO[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Stephen Elop remained positive, as always, saying that the firm expects things to get better following the launch of Windows Phone 8.
He said, "We shipped four million Lumia Smartphones in Q2, and we plan to provide updates to current Lumia products over time, well beyond the launch of Windows Phone 8. We believe the Windows Phone 8 launch will be an important catalyst for Lumia.
"We are executing with urgency on our restructuring program. We are disposing of non-core assets like Vertu. We are taking the necessary steps to restructure the operations of the company.
"We held our net cash resources at a steady level after adjusting for the annual dividend payment to our shareholders. While Q3 will remain difficult, it is a critical priority to return our Devices & Services business to positive operating cash flow as quickly as possible."
However things are likely to get worse for the Finnish phone firm in the third quarter. Earlier this week, US network AT&T slashed the price of the company's flagship Lumia 900 handset in half, following the news that it won't be updated to Windows Phone 8.
This means that, despite shifting four million Lumia phones in the second quarter, Nokia's Lumia sales are likely to fall further in the run-up to Autumn.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...m-loss-despite-selling-4-million-lumia-phones

rumours that Microsoft may buy Nokia too some point.

DCi
They hold a huge share of the basic phone market.

Not a great long term business plan really though to dominate a doomed market at the cheap end of the scale.

will be interesting to see where Microsoft takes them.
to the secure email phone market i hope - something that integrates with exchange and is secure as a blackberry would be useful