ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non fault claim & insurance

Clio 172 mk2
Right...I'm pretty f**king pissed off due to my insurance situation

Some d**khead rear ended me last year causing quite a bit of damage but he admitted responsiblity and his insurers paid for all the repair work...no problem.

I opend my post yesterday to find I am now going to be charged and extra £200 on my insurance renewal bumping the price up to a ridiculous 600 quid.

Now I'm pretty angry about this...why the f**k should I be penalised for someone elses bad driving? Do I declare the accident even though it was non fault when I go to renew (with someone else) or am I now shafted because of the p**ck who wasn't looking where he was going?

Rant over....always a good way to start the day

182 Cup
They have you by the balls as when you fill out a quote form they ask you if you have had any accidents regardless of fault in the past 3/5 years.

The same happened to my mate, he was involved in 3 accidents, all other people fault and his insurance went up as well.

Clio 172 mk2
Oh well, that's that then...I'm not paying over £600 for a Renault Clio...looks like I'll be selling up:(

Clio 172 mk2
Just got a quote from more than....£360 with non fault accident declared and SP30

Result:)

NU direct are having a laugh asking for over £600....must just be an insurance scam....I'll definately be shopping around/moving companies at renewal time.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my insurance went up £300 due to a non fault claim... argued and argued as it made my insurance nearly 2k.. and id already bough the car,
speaking to managers etc got it down to £80 extra, still want happy about it but thats life i guess

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just got a quote from more than....£360 with non fault accident declared and SP30

NU direct are having a laugh asking for over £600....must just be an insurance scam....I'll definately be shopping around/moving companies at renewal time.

NU Direct are c*nts anyway Neil.

I've never had any accidents and my renewal in November was £530. Billion years no claims, protected etc etc.

They're c0cks. So I went to admiral.

James

Renewal quotes are always a joke. Just tell them to get stuffed.

with Direct Line mine were always amazing, my Williams renewal if I'd kept the car would have been little over £200 fully comp with NCD, but doing a new quote on their website for comparison it came out more than I was paying at £500+... which was more than the £400 I was paying... dont understand how these places work... well, apart from f**king you over each year for money that 90% of the time you need not have spent... really you should get a percentage back for non claims imo.

Clio 172 mk2

NU Direct are c*nts anyway Neil.

I've never had any accidents and my renewal in November was £530. Billion years no claims, protected etc etc.

They're c0cks. So I went to admiral.

James

Well they certainly weren't bothered about keeping my custom and when I drilled them about the actual reason why it had gone up that much they couldn't give me a proper, conclusive answer....just mumbled BS.

Admiral are great.....until you get points. I was with them and as soon as I got an SP30 my premium went up by £200/250 so I sacked them off as well.

133/225/CLS AMG
Its a total c*nt mate.

Elephant.co.uk did the same to me. Guy scuffed the back of my Megane, I paid for the damage myself then used my legal cover to get the money back. It came back in my favour so got my £350 back and yet they tried to put my policy up by £200!!!

I had a moan and they knocked off £100 and sadly that was still the cheapest quote so I had to renew it.

172 ff
are admiral the same as elephant?
just logged into admiral with an elephant user id and password and ive never registered with them. same web form etc...
noticed the same with priviledge and direct line same quote templates and same premium quoted. im guesing they use the same underwriters or something?

Clio 172 mk2
I'm not going to even bother moaning...I'm just going to change.

I think they must just put the prices up thinking we're not going to check them or something....my fault for not shopping around I suppose but you would have thought if you stayed with one company you would be entitled to some discount/reduction if you've behaved yourself.

Anyway, £360 seems pretty reasonable to me so I will be ringing NU direct later to cancel my renewal:D

133/225/CLS AMG
are admiral the same as elephant?
just logged into admiral with an elephant user id and password and ive never registered with them. same web form etc...
noticed the same with priviledge and direct line same quote templates and same premium quoted. im guesing they use the same underwriters or something?

As far as I know, they are the same company.

Monaco Blue 172
Renewal quotes are always a joke. Just tell them to get stuffed.
chancers the lot of them. they think people are too lazy to switch insurers, fact is these days its so easy to do online! i always check my renewal quote against the market but being on a 10 month policy with diamond means its usually pretty competitive anyways.
am slightly worried by this non-fault accident hike though, my dad's had 2 non-faults in recent months (some luck eh!) so he may well get a shock when his renewal comes thru :dapprove:

My trusty lil 182 :)
Had a none fault accident last year and no impact on my premium - gone down about £20 as it seems to every year.

And yes Direct line own Privilege. Privilege is allegedly the high risk business of direct line but even my mum got a cheaper quote with Privilege than Direct Line so not sure how it works!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
In a similar position as well, im with directline and am just waiting for when my renewal comes around to see what happens although not for a while. However my dad has just insured me on his new car (BMW 335i:rasp: ) and the quote was the same when i did it with and without the non-fault accident option so looks like directline could be the way forward. Always found them very reasonable!!

Chelsea tractor

Similar to what I had last year at renewal time - MoreThan were the cheapest. I was quoted a renewal of almost £700 from Norwich Union Direct which i thought took the p*ss just a tiny bit - a £300 increase from the previous year for no reason at all :(

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Well they certainly weren't bothered about keeping my custom and when I drilled them about the actual reason why it had gone up that much they couldn't give me a proper, conclusive answer....just mumbled BS.

Admiral are great.....until you get points. I was with them and as soon as I got an SP30 my premium went up by £200/250 so I sacked them off as well.

My premium with NU was £400 last year and £530 at renewal!!!! WTF?

Like you Neil, I asked why and they said "premiums have gone up everywhere".

I ended up being able to insure my car and the missus' Micra with Admiral for £20 less than NU's renewal for mine alone!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try getting a chip in a windscreen repaired...got an extra years no claims, and the overall price to pay was £20 more expensive with another year's NCB...barstewards...they (as I've now found out) will not cover a provisional driver for my car...the missus who's 35!!! They said I can always change provider, but I would lose almost 6 months no claims!!!! Yeah, okay than! :dead:

Idiots the lot of them!!!!

PS. That is Hastings who are supposedly the cheapest...my backside they are!