ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non fault claim, what would you do?

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
So I’ve now traced the driver who crashed into my parked car.
They want to go through the insurance so I ring my insurer to get the ball rolling.
They gave me 3 options:
1. Appoint Kindertons to handle the claim. I don’t pay any excess. But I’ve never heard of these people.
2. Got through my underwriter, I have more control as to where my car goes but have to pay the accidental excess of £300.
3. Go through the 3rd party insurer. Downside being my insurance won’t assist me if it goes bent.

I’ll be dammed if I’m paying £300. I get I signed up to this on the policy, but in reality and under these circumstances it sucks.

So what advice have CS got?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What was their excuse for clipping your motor and leaving the scene? Or was it a c**t older than the tooth fairy? Those old b******s have more hits than the beatles and carry on the pricks

plenty

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I'd avoid using claims-management firms as they're one of the reasons why premiums have skyrocketed, but I understand why some might opt for one.

If third-party insurer is willing to deal with you directly then that's probably the most efficient route, as long they are a reputable firm and offer what you want (choice of repairer etc.)

Last edited:

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Personally I'd avoid using claims-management firms as they're one of the reasons why premiums have skyrocketed, but I understand why some might opt for one.

If third-party insurer is willing to deal with you directly then that's probably the most efficient route, as long they are a reputable firm and offer what you want (choice of repairer etc.)

The third party is Hastings Direct, so a fairly big player.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
What was their excuse for clipping your motor and leaving the scene? Or was it a c**t older than the tooth fairy? Those old b******s have more hits than the beatles and carry on the pricks

Just didn’t see it. And no not old.
Said he didn’t see any damage, so left. Despite him not actually getting out his car to look.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’d give the 3rd party insurer a call, and say your insurance has suggested a claim management company for the non fault claim that their customer has admitted to, but would they like to deal directly with you instead.

They will likely bite your hand off because it will save them thousands in hire car fees etc.

If they dick you around, nothing stops you going through your insurance or an AM company later on.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I’d only go through 3rd party if you’ve got hard evidence I.e dashcam footage.

I’d also avoid any accident management company if possible too.

@charltjr has hit the nail on the head there tbh.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
The driver won’t deny what he’s done.
There is enough CCTV to make it very difficult to deny it now. And he knows there is CCTV, and he doesn’t know it doesn’t capture the whole incident.

I’d like to avoid the accident management company and I’d like to avoid paying £300 for the pleasure of my own insurance company handling it.

I’ll give Hastings a call in the morning and see how receptive they are.
I don’t need a hire car, so that’ll save them a few quid too.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Just didn’t see it. And no not old.
Said he didn’t see any damage, so left. Despite him not actually getting out his car to look.

200.gif

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
No need for an AM company on a non injury claim anyway. Just let the insurance settle it out between themselves.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Personally I'd stump up the 300 quid, knowing I can decide where the car goes.
You'll get it back - it's a none fault claim.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id be paying the £300 and going through your insurance unless its a beater car that you don't care about, you are their customer, they provide you with a service, much easier to have any issues sorted if the car isn't right.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Hopefully it’s all sorted.

Once matey boy actually reported it to Hastings, they called me straight back.
They’ve agreed to the car staying where it currently is having some other work done and providing Hastings approve the quote it can stay where it is, which is a Lotus approved garage.

Appreciate all the responses, having never been in the position I was interested in what others would do.

My insurers also agreed to waive the excess as long as the 3rd party provided written proof of liability before repairs took place. Otherwise I’d have to pay it, but would get it back, eventually.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We do use the non-fault route a lot but it's because insurance can drag their heels so badly. These days I would only recommend using Enterprise non-fault. Ther set up with the actual insurance companies mean it's very flawless and no come back on the customer should things go south and you've told the truth.

Good idea letting your insurance deal with it and possibly paying £300. It's worth it short term for less grief. If you have any hassle PM me and i'll help you out.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The driver won’t deny what he’s done.
There is enough CCTV to make it very difficult to deny it now. And he knows there is CCTV, and he doesn’t know it doesn’t capture the whole incident.

I’d like to avoid the accident management company and I’d like to avoid paying £300 for the pleasure of my own insurance company handling it.

I’ll give Hastings a call in the morning and see how receptive they are.
I don’t need a hire car, so that’ll save them a few quid too.
I'm with Hastings and had a no fault claim. They were very good.
Basically this little old lady joined the roundabout in the wrong direction, I was joining the roundabout, literally a couple of miles per hour and she got me head on.
I had dashcam footage, the little old lady admitted full liability. She was with LV. I phoned Hastings immediately.
They pass on their claims straight away to Enterprise rental, who then sort the hire car out and the bodyshop they want the car to go to.
I rang a bodyshop I know well and have used in the past and drove it straight to him.
The day after when I went to collect my courtesy car they started to tell me which bodyshop it was going to.
I stopped the guy right there and then and told him it's already in a bodyshop of my choice. It wasn't a problem.

There was 3k of damage to the front end of my 182. New bonnet, front grill, bumper, headlight. Plus I got my rear bumper sprayed at the same time 😉
Everything was sourced from Renault direct in France. 1 thing held up the repair was the insurance insisted I had a new front wheel arch liner, which I knew wasn't available lol. So I had the courtesy car for 90 days 🤣
The bodyshop I use also said don't pay any excess as its not my fault.
I phoned Hastings and told them this and they agreed that I should pay £0.00 excess.

That was 2 years ago. So £3k of damage on a car I reckon is worth about £4 - £4.5k maximum.
I'll guarantee if I'd have let Enterprise rentals deal with it, it would have been written off. But you can insist that your car is repaired.

Also I'd like to add. My insurance wasn't affected. It actually went down the following year.

Last edited:

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I'm with Hastings and had a no fault claim. They were very good.
Basically this little old lady joined the roundabout in the wrong direction, I was joining the roundabout, literally a couple of miles per hour and she got me head on.
I had dashcam footage, the little old lady admitted full liability. She was with LV. I phoned Hastings immediately.
They pass on their claims straight away to Enterprise rental, who then sort the hire car out and the bodyshop they want the car to go to.
I rang a bodyshop I know well and have used in the past and drove it straight to him.
The day after when I went to collect my courtesy car they started to tell me which bodyshop it was going to.
I stopped the guy right there and then and told him it's already in a bodyshop of my choice. It wasn't a problem.

There was 3k of damage to the front end of my 182. New bonnet, front grill, bumper, headlight. Plus I got my rear bumper sprayed at the same time 😉
Everything was sourced from Renault direct in France. 1 thing held up the repair was the insurance insisted I had a new front wheel arch liner, which I knew wasn't available lol. So I had the courtesy car for 90 days 🤣
The bodyshop I use also said don't pay any excess as its not my fault.
I phoned Hastings and told them this and they agreed that I should pay £0.00 excess.

That was 2 years ago. So £3k of damage on a car I reckon is worth about £4 - £4.5k maximum.
I'll guarantee if I'd have let Enterprise rentals deal with it, it would have been written off. But you can insist that your car is repaired.
Decent result that! So far I can’t fault Hastings. As long as they agree to the quote I’ve already got then it’s all good.