Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Can people start adding themselves to the list I will post below. So I can get a rough estimation of how big an area I will need to set up for people to park.
I’m going to put the cars in their own location In front of the hangar doors. However if there is not too many people I will put people in the normal car park.
Also we have some stricter rules now due to incidents in the past and the increase of aircraft traffic on entry to the cafe.
Do’s and Don’ts of the airfield.
- There is a strict airfield driving speed limit this is set at 20mph. Please keep the speed down.
- If the lights are flashing next to the Air Ambulance Hangar or the Air ambulance is flying back to its hangar. please stop at the the signs and do not cross their path.
- Aircraft have right of way and please keep your distance from them. They may have not seen you and collisions can be very Nasty.
-Pick up all your litter, Rubbish can destroy aircraft engines.
- Absolutely No wheel spinning or handbrake turns or stupid driving!!!! You will be escorted off the airfield and banned from returning.
- There is absolutely no entry to the aircraft apron where the aircraft are parked for either vehicles or pedestrians.
Unless you have specific permission or been invited by an aircraft owner to go over to them. Please stay away from this area.
- People with valid driving licences are the only people allowed to be driving on the airfield. No Driving lessons or letting youngsters drive or practice on the airfield. You will be surprised that this does happen.
- NO DRONES !!!
- No Smoking next the aircraft fuel tankers.
- No Entry to the hangars.
There is a flying school now operating from the apron next to the blue hangar which houses the Police. They use the same taxiway as vehicles to access the cafe. This has resulted in increased aircraft traffic using that area. Please be very careful when coming around the corner to the cafe as there may be an aircraft with a student coming the other way.
I will be attending and will direct people as much as possible.
go through the gate and turn left. Then just follow the road all the way around the outside of the airfield and you’ll see the cafe. Just beware of any aircraft taking off and wait before crossing the end of the runway until they’ve gone.