ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North West Mk1 2L Vs. Mk2 2L meet

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 14 May 2003

how many 172s have BB done then?
If I was to tell you I would have to kill ya.

And they are pioneering the Turbo for the 172 as well.

anyway, back to the original topic..........................

besides, the north has the most powerful cars, look at 2lives willy;), running a 14.6 with no major mods, Adis running a 14.7, craggys VTS running a 14.9 with no major mods and Paddys running a 14.9 standard, the best the south has is TimO! and a Mr.Read who has yet to give power or 1/4 mile times!

the North RULES as will the MK1 clio after monday if the 169 mugs, i mean 172 cups ever get there names down!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

2 lives no major mods, nah dont think so, I know what he says but that aint standard, both Nick R and I think its had some head work done maybe before Jon bought it.

Beside the most williams with the most power goes to a southern car. Leigh has 173.3 bhp at the wheels and most of the V6 owners in the club are southern.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Who cares?

I thought that living in the South would mean u cant afford cars cause ur houses cost twich as much as ours & ours are bigger. ;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Nah we earn more so it proportional plus we can by complete streets if we moved up north

PS my misses if from York so I better shut up and we are thinking of moving back up there cause I really like the north of England.

PPS it doesnt take much to wind you guys up either

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

U can buy entire streets if u wanna live in Moss side yeah as could we, but then i want to live to my old age thanks.

More millionaires in Chesire than any other county in England u snob. ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 14 May 2003

Yerr but to get bits fitted by them youd have to travel to them...
I do all my own work...

Not just talking simple stuff like bolting on an induction kit or similar, I mean clutch changes, engine re-builds, etc... which I do myself.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

But Renault already do a turbo for that engine... ;)

It was Captain Slarty that was pioneering the Turbo for the 172 mate and it was using already manufactured Renauolt items.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

PS my misses if from York so I better shut up and we are thinking of moving back up there cause I really like the north of England.
LOL

Well my GF is from Bath, so shes a southener and Id better shut up too... :oops:

Nowt like a bit of North - South rivalery though! ;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 14 May 2003

But Renault already do a turbo for that engine...

It was Captain Slarty that was pioneering the Turbo for the 172 mate and it was using already manufactured Renauolt items.

Slarty didnt finish the kit AFAIK and he was phoning BB up for advice. ;)

Midlands Rule LOL

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

It wasnt a kit though really, just a collection of parts from Renault that "would" fit on a 172 engine with a bit of work...

My mate bought one of them! :sick:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Speak to Andy at BB he might be able to help out fitting them.
There were 3 others beside Slarty that got turbos, one was my mate Dave, the other was M@tthew (off here) and onother forum member had one too....

So far nobody has fitted the turbo... yet!

My mate Daves dad owns our local Renault dealer though, so he has potential to get it sorted, but its the management & stuff thats a problem.

Ill mention BB to him.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 14 May 2003

dont u worry, Mats is on the way! its gonna be a flier!!
I talked to him about it at Elvington the other week actually... ;)

p.s. got a test drive in a CTR tomorrow night! :oops:

2012 WRX Waggon

Ill be there - Days Monday so not a problem.

So we gonna settle on the Trafford Centre as a rallying point? Could have a "warm up lap" down the M60 ready for a rolling start on the A34.

BTW - Do peeps darn sarf drink Shandy? Just at work the guys call the blokes in our Tilbury plant "Shandy drinkin poofters" - Just wonderin ;).

Paul

so me, Adi, Paul and....jesus can we have a little more input please guys! if its just gonna be a few of us there is no point! 11pm at trafford centre this monday!

mk2 172

at the minute it looks like im working nights:(, and its a bloody long way to go for that time of night! will keep ya posted mate, ben, will be well far to go from lincoln at 11pm, hope you not at work tuesday hehe 80 miles from mine to jjb place

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by Craggy on 14 May 2003

at the minute it looks like im working nights:(, and its a bloody long way to go for that time of night! will keep ya posted mate, ben, will be well far to go from lincoln at 11pm, hope you not at work tuesday hehe 80 miles from mine to jjb place
Yeah tell me about it. I was thinking 11pm was a bit late to say the least. Looks like it will have to wait till the following monday till I can waist you guys ha ha ha!

would it be better if we changed it to sunday day? but handforths by-passs will be no good then, what about the road that you guys used last time craggy?

Rangerover Supercharged

Okay Nice One

Ill be there Monday Night 11pm Trafford Centre, they are one of my customers Ill get them to film us all meeting on the car park using the CC TV, is anyone gonna bring a Video camera, we could make a nice promo video for the laugh, so how many of us are there gonna be there.

Get ready to meet my Cup with 100 BHP of NOS ready to rumble and show you guys how its done.

100bhp of Nos? hmm, may lose this one then!? so monday night at 11pm Texaco at the trafford centre. my gearbox is on the way out and im not using 3rd gear til york RWYB the following monday, excuses excuses eh?

2012 WRX Waggon

23:00 at Texaco - hey do they sell 98 RON?????? cos I am planning on running real light on fuel (to compensate for my 16.5 stone) lol

no but they will sell super unleaded, is this being taken seriously then? hopefully i wont have to use third alot and hopefully it will be dry and we should be in for a good evening! paddy you comin?