ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS in RSi

Mr2 Roadster

What would it cost and would I need to uprate much as its a tough little engine, isnt it?

cost i think for NOS kits is about £600 upwardsa and in terms of uprating and strengthening it depends what jets you are planning to run 25bhp upwards obviously the bigger the jets the more stress strain and wear and tear that will be caused

Mr2 Roadster

I like the reliability of the car and I dont want to make it undrivable in the long run so NOS seems like the easiest option over all...

if you really wana do it then stick to a 50bhp jet tops but be prepared to fill the bottle up regularly if you get addicted to the extra burst of speed

no need to uprate anything.

PM me if your interested in a kit, and i mean interested, not get the prices then decide not to....

Ive been runing N20 for about 2yrs on 50bhp jets and never had a problem with anything. Cheap as chips and fun.

Mr2 Roadster

Would you recomend it as the best value over head and cam work ?

I want to run the car a little longer just to make sure Im happy with it as I havent had it too long. In a couple of months if Im happy then I want to do something to it!

Is it your valver that is NOSed?

my MK1 XR2 is running the nitrous.

Your RSi will have been running milage already and its not likely to change.

If you want it, go for it, its nothing dangerous and its nothing stressing for the engine.

Its far better than headowrk and cams for a pure power boost, but youll have the advantage of turning it on when you like, but the disadvantage of not having it on all the time.

its a decision most people dwell on for too long ten convince themselves that its bad cause of all teh crap circulating about it. There is nothing remotely dangerous once its setup, its not even flammable.