ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not running well :( :( :(

RS182 Full Fat
Hi my car spec is as follows: RS182 Full Fat. Modifications: RsTuner remap, Scorpion RS192 Exhaust, RamAir Induction Kit, 428 Catcams.
All above worked fine with no problems for a long time.
I only use the car maybe once a week. A few weeks ago i noticed the EML on but ignored it as it still went like poop of a shovel. The following week i noticed slight intermittant missfire when accelerating and the EML still on always. Last time i tried to drive it the misfire was a lot worse and near undrivable. I only drove above 1 mile and turned around to come home in case i got stuck. I notice since its been doing this that it smells of fuel when i get out of the car.
Is there anything obvious i should look for first before i take it to a garage. And /or where would anyone recommend in the telford, west mids area? I though I'd have a look at the obvious like black tubey things in the engine come apart- found nothing broken off. Wanted to check condition of the spark plugs but cant find them lol.. the ht leads just seem to go into a cast metal box looking thingy.. Ive not seen that before on a car. My haynes technical ability is around x1 spanner so appreciate any advice please.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
lambda,sounds like how bad my car was last week reaked of fuel

sounds like the coil pack. Had a similar issue. No 3 spark plug wasn't firing so the unburnt fuel was going out the exhaust and stunk of unburnt petrol. Easy to check. With the engine running pop off one ht lead at a time from the coil pack. You see a small arc of electricity, if there isnt one there's your problem. Don't leave it too long as you'll f**k the cylinder as the petrol thins the oil down and you'll kill the pre cat lambda sensor as well most probably. If that isn't it then check your spark plugs. You'll have to remove the plenum chamber from the top of the engine to get to them. There is a guide on here somewhere for that job.

RS182 Full Fat
re the above reply (thanks) the catcams and rs tuner map stuff i dont understand well as that was all done before i bought that car. But it ran well without problems or EML until a few weeks ago

RS182 Full Fat
apparantly had a custom map to accommodate the both decat and cams. I dont know if the diy type rs tuner kit can actually do that or not. but thats what the guy said that i bought it off. It ran fine with no problems or EML for months and the performance was amazing. We might be a bit of topic with this though. appreciate reply thanks

RS182 Full Fat
My poorly car is fixed now. Thanks for the replies. Got it done locally at Adrian Podlesak car repairs, Telford. http://apodlesakcarrepairs.co.uk
He's very good with modded cars and old classics.. did some complex work on an 1970 GT6 Mk2 for me a few years back that I couldn't get done anywhere else.

RS182 Full Fat
a bit of everything. I had new Injectors, Lamda sensor, ht leads, and plugs. It looked quiet poorly serviced by the state of some of the old parts that came off it.