ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nova forums

Strange but I need some info of a Nova driver regarding the length of the side skirts that they use, as I have found some nice skirts designed for a nova and wnat to see if they will fit my phase 1 16v!

Arghhhh me secret love for novas is out in the open ;) Am actually going to look at one today for my friend to buy :) We are building a 2l 16v :D

Fair play to you mate, I was once one of the Nova boys!!! Long long ago before I saw the light!! Good luck with the conversion mate, it has been done a few times hasnt it? What engine are you using for the conversion?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Oh dear - i used to have a nova sr as well (4 years ago that is!). Cant complain though gave that nova some serious abuse and never broke down on me once. - - unlike my clio!

We are looking at getting 2.0 l 16v from the cavalier cos the insurance group on that is only 14 as opposed to the same engine out the calibra thats a group 17. Looking to pick one up from ashford motor spares for about 250 once we have sourced a good shell to do the conversion on. And then buy the strengthening plates, do a bit of welding, and upgrade the fuel tank and radiators, driveshafts etc :) Plus whats also clearly needed is the cavalier gsi brake conversion, fortunately my mate already has that on his nova atm so its just a case of swapping them over when we break that nova. Fingers crossed for todays little excursion :)

Jilly - Ughhhh a nova diamond with a big bore exhaust, go and sit in the corner and think about what youve done ;)

Theres nothing wrong with novas if they are tastefully done + that you dont wear a white baseball cap whilst driving them, or feel the urge for a motorsport sunstrip ;)

If have to say that its a shame saxos have gone the way they have, cos when I first had mine I loved it.

My SR was such a bag of nails, sold it for £20!!! The engine seized!! Also the fuel gauge did not work so I had to guess how much fuel was in it all the time, those were the days!!

Quote: Originally posted by 16v Clio on 03 October 2002
Little gits, editing my posts on that Nova Forum!!!! Luckily I find it quite amusing if only I had the power!!!!

What did they do to them?

instead of a cav lump, try and get hold a decent astra 16v lump. good for over 200BHP (non-turbod) is possible to see them revving to over 9k too.
Or you could try and squeeze a V6 lump - seen it done and its mental as fcuk!

Race an Evo in a nova? suits you sir!