ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate light isuues

Iceburg silver 172
realised i put this in the wrong area earlier..

last night i went to change my number plate lights on my 197 to LED bulbs, i decided to do it (maybe stupidly) with the lights on so i could ensure i had the new bulbs the right way round (im sure they only work if there plugged in a certain way round) and i got the one in and it was on and working fine then went to put the other in and got sparks and then the other light went out and now they dont work, now obviously i thought it would just be the fuse so checked on here what fuse it would be and it says it would be the same one that operates the interior lights and a fog light, but all other lights are working apart from the number plate lights... anyone have any ideas what ive done? or what i will need to do?

thanks

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd be surprised if changing a number plate light blew a fuse.

I put an LED bulb in mine a few months ago and it was a bit temperamental. Looked at the socket a bit closer and it had oxidised a bit so I just used some sand paper on the end of a screw driver to wipe the terminals a bit (this bit make sure the lights are turned off) and it's been fine ever since.

Iceburg silver 172
I'd be surprised if changing a number plate light blew a fuse.

I put an LED bulb in mine a few months ago and it was a bit temperamental. Looked at the socket a bit closer and it had oxidised a bit so I just used some sand paper on the end of a screw driver to wipe the terminals a bit (this bit make sure the lights are turned off) and it's been fine ever since.

cheers mate ill give it a try after work

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I've blown a fuse changing numberplate lights on a megane, because I was stupid to leave them on and shorted the connections when removing the old ones.
Sadly in their infinite wisdom Renault put the fuse in the engine bay UNDER the battery and tray. Was a mission to replace. a 2 minute bulb change be came a 45min pain in the arse!
Might be the fuse is in a similar place in the Mk3?

Iceburg silver 172
I've blown a fuse changing numberplate lights on a megane, because I was stupid to leave them on and shorted the connections when removing the old ones.
Sadly in their infinite wisdom Renault put the fuse in the engine bay UNDER the battery and tray. Was a mission to replace. a 2 minute bulb change be came a 45min pain in the arse!
Might be the fuse is in a similar place in the Mk3?

i hope not haha if i cant find it then ill whip it out and have a look cheers mate

Iceburg silver 172
if anybody is interested was just a fuse gone in the box under the intake on the top right of engine bay