ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring - Spa weekend pics

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Arrived home at 2am this morning after a 3 day trip out the the Ring and Spa track, i didn't take lots of pics and still have some on my phone but the USB is playing up. There were a few UK registered Clios out there, 2-3 172 Cup model Clios, 55 plate Trophy, 197, track spec 172 or 182.

All in all a good long weekend. Found this pic on a photographers website today

http://ross219uk.zenfolio.com/p34440...e19de#hd2e19de

6211092402_2b88d2076d_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 001 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6211069370_48d9dcbcd0_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 009 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6211069544_330587c793_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 010 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6210557835_b14654fd12_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 014 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6211070102_718cec7520_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 021 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6210558227_73268ba508_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 022 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6210558413_fbdb624d83_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 023 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6210558639_32b0b937e3_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 031 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

172 ph1
your clio is the nuts mate looks totally class! is that hotel just off the main road through nurburg which leads down to the campsite?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
your clio is the nuts mate looks totally class! is that hotel just off the main road through nurburg which leads down to the campsite?

The Tiergarten is indeed off the right hand side of the main road. We checked in there but stayed in a wooden 'lodge' building they also own a little further up on the left heading towards the castle. We had dinner in the Pistenklause restaraunt the Saturday night, steak on a stone, THE best way to have steak along with a few beers.

Sunday morning i did 4 laps of the Ring then we headed up to Spa in the afternoon

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The steak was that good we ordered a 2nd one! Never seen anything like it, highly recommend anyone going to Nurburgring to reserve a table there and try it. That steak pic is making me want 1 now!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That steak looks raw!

Awesome pics of the ring though! I want to go so much!

It is raw, the stone it's sitting on is at a temp so hot it cooks the steak. Steak doesn't take long to cook and the stone stays hot long enough for you to literally cut bits off and cook it to just how you want it.

Regards the 'Ring' any petrol head needs to go there to soak in all what it has to offer, the surrounding region is stunning.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yep as Ricardos said you cook it yourself to how ever you want it. I also recommend Pinocchios Pizza in Adenau, a 22" with what ever toppings for about €14.

God I want to go back, f**king great place!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I've heard Pinocchios is probably 1 of the best places to go to in Adenau, Matt you're right it's an awesome place to be around, addictive.

Also, just to stir the MPG debate i tripped the meters to '0' when i filled up in Thundersley where i live to see how far 1 tank of fuel would get me. I managed to drive all the way to the Ring on the 1 tank, the needle was just above the red with no light on and i put in bang on 25 litres which took the needle to the dot above the half tank level. I did 4 decent laps of the Ring, drove to and around Spa race track then reached a service station on the E40 on the way back to refill.

That took me to Dunkerque, then from Dover to Ashtead in Surrey, then back from there to Thundersley 2am this morning.

So this what the trip meter showed me this morning:

886.4 miles
18 gallons
49 MPG average

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thats pretty good going! We managed to get there on 1.5 tanks full. The way back was a bit more juicy as we had our foots planted a bit more.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
We had the lead foot for 90 mins but still missed the ferry back! On the way there we had to stop 180 miles in as my mate had to fill up his Evo, i checked the MPG and it was showing me 53 cruising at 80mph.

I have more pics but my bloomin HTC USB lead is playin up!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
f**k me pointless even sticking that on the grill lol should have just chucked it on your stone cold.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Arrived home at 2am this morning after a 3 day trip out the the Ring and Spa track, i didn't take lots of pics and still have some on my phone but the USB is playing up. There were a few UK registered Clios out there, 2-3 172 Cup model Clios, 55 plate Trophy, 197, track spec 172 or 182.

All in all a good long weekend. Found this pic on a photographers website today

http://ross219uk.zenfolio.com/p34440...e19de#hd2e19de

RingWeekend11 001 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

6211069370_48d9dcbcd0_z.jpg

RingWeekend11 009 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

Glad you had good time.... I love the Clio only space at the PK/AMT ;)

IMG_3661.jpg

Mk1 16v brooklands
2 epic tracks love the pics
Went to the ring 4 years ago and it's just amazing. Went to spa about 6 years ago. Both tracks have alot of heritage

Clio RS200 GW
The steak was that good we ordered a 2nd one! Never seen anything like it, highly recommend anyone going to Nurburgring to reserve a table there and try it. That steak pic is making me want 1 now!

s**t just needs cooking lol lol jacobs disease is comin lol

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Alright mate, We spoke to you at the 'Ring the other day. The photo's look ace, and the weather was awesome. Shame about all the track closures though.

Aah hiya, yeah we heard on the way back the Ring had been closed due to an 8 car altercation which included the Ring taxi. The weather was awesome which brought everybody out the woodwork to go on the track, sooo busy. The main roundabout outside the carpark with the 2 roads either side were solid with people waiting to get on

6216564201_451bc2d7cf_z.jpg

A by Ricard o1, on Flickr

trophy #50
My other half was there when uwere

51669ea6-8bb3-ea95.jpg

He said he saw loads of awesome clios there so I'm assuming it was your lot. :)

Neef, was your fella was staying at hotel an de nordschlief? (spelling is probably wrong).

Saw his car there as we where turning up. Looked nice.

trophy #50
Lol he saw u. He was with a cav turbo
Mini
Corrado
Uh... I dunno what else.
He stayed in eddies guest house.. He owns the hotel x

trophy #50
Iv never met him. They all people mr neeff works with. I only know his vxr and the cav cos he built it himself lol!!!
He said about the big crash... He stil has one lap left cos of it so he wants to go back .. For his fifth trip next month.
What times did u guys get.
His best was 8:42 x