ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nvidia 8600GT any owners?

Not a Clio
My brother has got one along with a few other bits, he doesn't know what he's doing so I'll be upgrading his pc for him. He thinks that the card doesn't need any additional power (he hasn't currently got a 4 pin power connector).

Does anyone have one of these cards and if so, does it need additional power?
I don't want to drive over there to find he needs a 6 pin to 4 pin adapter but hasn't got one.

This is the one he's got: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-075-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=912

1.4i MK2 Clio RT
Dont know if its any help, but ive got a 8600GTS and that requires additional power. Its a 6 pin connector, like the 4 pin for the motherboard but obviously 2 more pins.

Not a Clio
Cheers for the confirmation.

It's actually quite scary. He was going to do an MCSE in Desktop Support but he hasn't got a clue. I've just had to explain the physical difference between IDE and SATA to him and then he asked me if that was inside the case.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the confirmation.

It's actually quite scary. He was going to do an MCSE in Desktop Support but he hasn't got a clue. I've just had to explain the physical difference between IDE and SATA to him and then he asked me if that was inside the case.

Sounds like most Minesweeper Certified Solitaire Experts to be honest mate