ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest graphics card that does 3 monitors

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
My work computer was left on for a few days and when I came in this morning the screen output is all corrupted. There is green lines all over the place and even when booting up the Dell post screen/bios is corrupted where any ascii text is jumbled. When it boots into windows its running 640x480 in 8 colours or somehting. Was really hard today as I had to muddle through the day with it like that. Its a shame but I think I just need to get a replacement.
Now the kicker is the computer is out of warranty so the company would replace the whole PC for a s**t one which will only have one output. The one I have rocks, its a super quick Dell T3500 with a couple of Xeons and raid array and a broken nvidia quadro 2000. Would rather keep that PC even if it means shelling out for a new card from my own pocket.

Its not for games , just your usual windows , internet, email that kind of stuff.
Is anyone here clued up on hardware like graphics cards and can recommend me something for £20 ish. I saw this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-182-MS&groupid=701&catid=1914 and it has 3 outputs but dont know if you can use all of them at the same time.

Or if anyone has some old card they dont need and wants a few beer tokens. Serious anything as long as it has a few outputs.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I really don't know a resolution but set up my dual screen at work the other day and used a splitter on the back of the graphics card. Maybe you could do something similar. The UI recognised there were 2 screens so it didn't just split the resolution and the screens were different sizes.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yeah got a couple of the display port to DVI adapters. That card looks good but think its only 2 monitors - 1 port is hdmi which my monitors dont have.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
What model of Dell pc is it? We may have spares in work from machines we break for parts.

Reactions: Gus