ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nvidia & Vista error..

Suzuki SV650
Anyone getting the below error? I'm tired of it. Can't play any 3d game withing it freezing soon after it loads up, and sometimes it just restarts my computer for fun.

I've tried many different drivers and also the drivers that Vista installs from scratch, but to no avail!

I'm running a Geforce 6600GT if ur wondering... But this seems to be a gfx driver/Vista fault. Seems to be a massive problem, no definite fix for it yet. Most of the solutions I've searched for on the web are beyond my comprehension.

Should I just buy an ATI card? I don't wanna have to ditch Vista cus XP has problems finding my SATA drive (it brings me a BSOD in setup)

Attachments

• nvlddmkm error.jpg
    nvlddmkm error.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 40
  williams 0013
im using vista ultima and also have an nvidia 6600gt
but i dont have any probs so far

driver version : 7.15.11.5824

What version of the driver do you have?

I used to get this error, a later version of the graphics driver fixed it.

Also, update Vista asap, they just released patched for graphic card errors.

Suzuki SV650
no overclocking, never have oc'd it never will do i'm not really bothered about that stuff. have tried many drivers like i said.

also yeah i updated vista last week as it said there was an urgent or important for the geforce 6600gt. I thought "wow!" it'll fix my problem! Nope!

Just had that error come up again. Strange thing is, its now doing it when I boot up the computer. Loads into Vista and gives me that dialogue box, even when it hasn't crashed.

Have tried forceware drivers, normal drivers from the nvidia site and the original drivers that vista loads up like i said.

What ATI cards will give me similar performace to the 6600 GT (128mb)?

Tesla MP3 2021
i have a 8800 gtx with vista and its fine but then again thats the 8 series and not the 6

mk2 ph1
Make sure you got the right bit version, i.e. mines 64bit vista so i have the 64bit driver :)

Only thing i can think of that could cause it

Suzuki SV650
I think its quite a widespread issue!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25381&st=2240

230,000 views and 113 pages, eventually the thread has been locked. I think its a common and odd issue with thousands of users who have been waiting 8 months for Vista to work with their 'Vista Ready' Nvidia cards.

The only game I can play at the moment is FM2007, which isn't so bad :O)