ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Contract phone

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I don't think you can anymore, I broke my phone earlier this year and tried to buy out so I could upgrade. They said they did not do it anymore. I had to wait 2 months.

I had previously done it which annoyed me a little.

Clio Sport 172
thats crap cause im in the same situation the phone i have is broke and they wont swap it.

my friend had a o2 phone that kept going blank he took it back they sent it off. when he got it back it was still doing it and they just canceld his contract and let him start a new one. Plus he was only half way through his contract.

o2 are *****...

EVO 4 GSR
hi buddy i work at phones 4u. you can buy your contract out, but it all depends on how long you've got left.

let me know how long you have left?
what tariff you currently have and how much it is?
how much your bills really come to?
and what phone do you want?

steve.

I thought if you just paid the remaining rental on it, e.g 4 months at £25 a month left to run so you could jut get out of it for £100? Or is that what SkinDeep is saying they have stopped?

My girlfriend had 8 months remaining in May, and she just changed her tariff to the lowest one, then phoned back and said she'd like to cancel and she had to pay £120 (8 x £15) to them and that was that.

Clio Sport 172
erm im on online 100 £25 a month (its an old tarrif ive been on it for 18 months)

I have paid just under £200 so far

i have 6 months left

and i have a U600 and i want a N95

thanks
si

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Or is that what SkinDeep is saying they have stopped?

I had about 6-7 weeks left, not long anyway. They said I couldn't buy out of it, despite the fact I was staying with them. I had to wait, it didn't and still does not make sense to me at all. They were going to get their money either way. Infact they probably got less as I was obviously without a phone. :S

A silver one
not sure what network my mate is on, but him and his mrs hav just split up and he pays her bill. to buy that contract out is going to cost him £500!!!

i've told him to just take the phone off her as its in his name, but he says he doesn't want anymore mither! thing is it could well end up costing him a lot more than £500 if she runs up massive bills?

Artic Blue Clio 182
Does any one know if you can buyout of a O2 Contract? and how much it cost's?

si

I don't think you can anymore, I broke my phone earlier this year and tried to buy out so I could upgrade. They said they did not do it anymore. I had to wait 2 months.

I'm on 02 & my phone has broken and I now want a new one but my contract doesn't run out until 24th Jan. I called them up and asked if I could upgrade early and they said no, not until 24th Dec, but I CAN buy out the last 2 months of my contract for a fee of £20. My line rental is £25 per month, so that is a pretty good offer! The person I spoke to gave me a number to call, but I don't have that to hand at the mo unfortunately.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6

I'm on 02 & my phone has broken and I now want a new one but my contract doesn't run out until 24th Jan. I called them up and asked if I could upgrade early and they said no, not until 24th Dec, but I CAN buy out the last 2 months of my contract for a fee of £20. My line rental is £25 per month, so that is a pretty good offer! The person I spoke to gave me a number to call, but I don't have that to hand at the mo unfortunately.

Looks like they did me over then. Ah well.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If your phones broken it should be replaced under warranty . My N73 has a 2 year manufacturers warranty .

D

dick

i always go to phones 4u bout 4 months before my contract is run out, and u can get them to give you the money your contract is worth. its quality, have to get a new number, but unlimited txts so no biggy can just txt everyone.

got £170 last time :) and new free phone.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
U can pay your remaining months line rental to cancel early or on some occasions if you speak to retentions they can port you onto prepay ending your contract early without a stupid high bill.