ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 moblie contract confusion

I'm looking to upgrade my phone as I have a pants N73 which I got in Oct 2006. I'm currently on o2 anytime500, I was meant to get one last ocotober but I didn't fancy any phones out at the time really.

I called up today thinking that as I never got a phone last October I can get one today as an upgrade - I was told that my contract isn't a contract any more, i'm just rolling along on what I had.
I'm a bit miffed at this as last Oct I called them & sorted out a deal as before.

Todays dude says he'll send me the phone BUT i'll be tied to the contract from today, as I missed out on the upgrade in Ocotber :dapprove:

Is that right ?? After saying i'd have the handset, he explained it to me - I told him I don't want a 12 month contract from today, he said to reject the phone & it'll be fine. I said I don't want the phone to be sent out at all & to get my order removed - he claims that they can't do it !:S I asked if someone could do it (he then put me on hold) Then said it can't be done:dapprove:

I hope that their calls are actually recorded as I said a fair few times that i'm not wanting it & I don't wish to be tied for a year.

What can I do ? Will they try to have me over ?

Sorry for sounding daft, I hate this sort of thing :dapprove:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that's right, the contract begins only when you accept a new handset and not from when you could have had one.

You can cancel any new agreement and remain on what you have. So long as you return the phone or refuse delivery they will then return you to your existing plan.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you only eubmitted the order today then they can weasily cancel it off of the system, he simply does not want it showing against his sales.

Phone and speak to another operator and cancel the order.

Once you finish your 12/18mont contract its a roling one until you start a new one.

I literally spoke to the dude earlier on today, i'll call them back.

I think i'll just stay as I am for the min, then see what others are offering.

Thanks a lot for the info, no doubt i'll be along later to ask some more questions:eek:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yup. Once your last contract expired and you do not upgrade or cancel appropiately, you continue on a rolling contract. Which basically means you continue paying the same amount for the same amount of minutes & texts as before but you are not in a long-term agreement. You can give a month's notice at any time.

Techincally your upgrade will start from when you receive this new phone. As long as you reject the delivery as he said, your contract will not start.

I went a different route this year and instead of cancelling or upgrading phone, I asked them to give me the absolute killer deal they could and I got 800mins & 500texts for £3.75 via chequeback from CPW. Only downside is no new phone but by saving over £40 a month I don't really care tbh.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yup. Got them to match a clearance offer from e2save.com, 11 months free so only £45 for 12 months and get to keep my number. I was just finishing my old chequeback deal with them and had no problems, so I went for it.

Could have had a different deal where they credit my account with £350 so wouldn't end up paying a bill till August, which would have worked out around £15/month, but i will save an extra £145 via chequeback.