ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD Reader

Bumder With A Buffer
Im currently working on a lil project that involves My Car + a PC!

Everything is going to be run off the PC so I wanted to know if you can get a OBD reader that can plug into the Pc??

53' 172 Cup
iv got a Gendan ELM323 usb OBDII tool. works pretty well altho you cant read all the sensors ona renault - its good for clearing the MIL light tho

You can ask said there a load of things out there none are any good IMo the softwares no good either.

They can only do basic things the cheap ones the only ones you can realy chnage anyhting are £2k+ Renault own is the bst at £5k.

my mate has some sort of scan gauge on his FRS and allows it to read pretty much most things, its always hooked up in his, its not some massive thing so can be fitted anywere, we tryed it in my 182 and it wont connect, i checked there site and they didnt do one for renos

tbh im not to fussed as i have access to clip everyday lol

Trophy #267
the short answer is you cant. I looked into this and the old basic serial interfaces arent upto scratch these days. The hardware layer hasnt changed much but the communications protocols have and the only ones which work are £1k+ due to the investment involved.