ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBDII reader in Sheffield

Anyone got one and fancy doing me a reading? A beer in it?

If not I think I'll get the one from K-tec (£42 inc) as my local garage is asking 20+vat, so two uses pays for itself and the state of my electrics lately that won't be long.

Ta, Andy

RSC 182 Cup
You'd be better off finding someone with an RSTuner and getting them to read the codes. In my experiences (on Aussie Clios) the generic codes readers miss a lot of things that an RSTuner will pick up.

I also sent a log file from an ELM 327 interface I've got to a guy who writes OBDII software and he confirmed my 2005 182 Cup isn't OBDII compliant- Renault have stuffed up the protocol. (Which would explain why my generic code reader doesn't seem to work too well on my 182, and I'd be most surprised if the Ktec version is any better.) ;)

Isn't the RST locked down to a vehicle and would cost me £60 for two unlocks?

I'm wondering about how that works? Can anyone send me the RST software and I'll reverse engineer it and see if its done in software, if so I can sort that no worries :)

RSC 172
There's prob a dozen good reasons why you shouldn't bother trying to crack a RSTuner. I'll rattle off some:

1. You don't need to. It'll read all diags on any Clio without un-locking thus the point is mute
2. You don't need to again as you can data log any clio anytime without unlocking..mute intent again
3. It's a great tool so you should really just own one.
4. If indeed you did manage to crack the VCI of somebody else's ownership it will immediately lock to your car and then you will have to unlock it again so the actual owner can use it again. Good luck!
5. The actual purchase cost compared to other products inclusive of the tuning capabilities is the best value for money available.
6. All the trouble and time required to try bust open anothers hard work and dedication to bring a quality affordable product to us all doesn't equate with the purchase cost.
7. If indeedly do-dums you manage to achieve this dastardly deed you mearly make the situation worse for all your fellow RSC owners by undermining the developmental process of the RSTuner for everyone for you own selfishness for the sake of a few pounds
8. It is completely unethical and ..ahem..makes you into a total disrespectful knob for all the world to see.

Yes I know harsh language, but really you should do your homework first before you advertise internationally your intent to be a t**t.

Cheerio

Last edited: