ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

octain boster

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172
err i dunno i think if its in the mind you may think it will! bit like super unleaded i dont see any gains? does neone else?

182FF
Super unleaded was tested aswel but with positive results was it not? i watched a vid on youtube not long ago.

182FF
Theres a fuel one out there somewhere 99 octane vs 95 etc and it gave small but positive results.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wow like said ron doesn't improve power it gives more protection against knock and hotspots etc... only way you would notice a difference is if you were driving something with more performance than a girls shopping car and swapped between 95 and 110 ron lol or av gas... anyway no you won't notice any difference in a clio, if you want to run it do it a cheaper way and buy some tollulene from a decorators shop...

2.2 bar shed.
nos_energy_drink_reg_1.png

Works amazingly iirc. No problems at all. Big gains.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
The simple fact of the matter is, if your engine doesn't need it, don't use it. Only fuels such as C14 etc etc add more power to an engine as the fuel releases more energy when burnt (they have a higher calorific value iirc?).

silverstone GP
I used to have a impreza 592bhp on 95oct 601bhp on 99oct.
The car was mapped for the higher 99oct, it wasnt just a matter of putting the 99oct in and doing a power run.
So higher oct does give more power as well as knock protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.