ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odometer/Trip resetting itself

Hi,

Ive got a Mk2 Clio 172, and have noticed this week that 2 bizzare things have started to happen:

1. The trip/mpg etc keeps resetting every time I start the car.

2. The climate control clicks for 20 seconds or so before starting to do anything.

Both of these seem to have started this week, any ideas? Otherwise back to the Garage I go... ho hum! That will teach me for posting the fact Ive had no problems recently... doh. :oops:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Get back to the dealer... thats what warranty is for...

Probably some electrical fault, maybe a bad earth?!

clio 172 MKII

climate control clicking....mmmmm. My 172 does this when I turn the engine off, for about 5 seconds....anyone else have this problem?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

The clicking will be the climate control operating the heater box flaps to the position it requires based on interior temp,engine temp and driver request.it will always do it when you turn off the engine due to the flaps always return to a preset rest position.The trip computer fault sounds like a faulty instrument panel.if everything else on the instrument panel works then its getting its required feeds etc its just the trip computer(part of instrument panel) isnt saving the infomation.

Stealth Bomber R26

Mine goes in tomorrow for a few bits and pieces. Dont have the problem with the trip computer resetting itself but I did 65 miles yestrday and the fuel gauge said I had used a quarter of a tank. Wouldnt mind if id been thrashing it but hadnt. Last week it told me I had used 2 gallons to do twelve miles!!!!! (somethins not quite right me thinks)

I had the same problem with my trip computer turned out to be a cable shorting on the bodywork, it could be a friday car and they didnt wire it to a permenant live.

I had the same problem with my Trip computer, took it into dealer and they had to fit a new instrument panel, no probs since!!