ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE pads?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Hi all, need to sort my brakes out asap. Just wondered are OE pads ok to use with the Brembo Max HC discs?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
so overall it would be a better upgrade using them discs then standards?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i can get some ebc red stuff for a tenner more then OE reckon its worth it?

I don't think the reds are that great ds2500's are my preference but they can sweek and there a harder pads compound depends what you want.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
id like to buy them but i cant really warrant 100 for a set of pads im only going to use on road. i thought it was only the green stuff that squeeked?

id like to buy them but i cant really warrant 100 for a set of pads im only going to use on road. i thought it was only the green stuff that squeeked?

NAyhting harder than stock will squeek realy.

Aslos depend how there fitted copperslip etc quietens then down.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
think i might just go for the OE textar with the HC brakes. make sure theyre fitted with the anti rattle shims and copper slip, what you reckon?

think i might just go for the OE textar with the HC brakes. make sure theyre fitted with the anti rattle shims and copper slip, what you reckon?

Yep. not a bad chocie stock are underrated on here people want to upgrade when there no need usually.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
good good, ill give it a try see how it goes. cant really go wrong with oe pads i guess and with the discs its a nice upgrade to the hc's.