ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

off the road again

For the last few months i have had loads of problems with the car, mainly to do with the handling. I get alot of play on the steering wheel, and when braking the car pulls to the left. i have done the following.

Changed all 4 tyres, tracked the car, they have even geod the car to check if the chassis is not bent. Even rang renult uk loads of times but they dont give a sh*t.

The RTE Manager is taking my car home for 2 days to test drive the bloody thing, but as usual i will get the car back completely thrashed and told there is nothing wrong with the car.

Had an inspection done by the AA he told me that the front left side of the car is 1inch higher than the right hand side, the measurements were done from the centre of the alloy to the top of the wheel arch. He also experienced the car pulling to the left when applying the brakes. He also told me that when braking hard the front left locks up whilst the other 3 wheels are still rolling, what the f**k is going on.

I have now tracked the car loads of times at renault, independent garages with all the laser equipment. I think either the front left strut is damaged or the steering rack is faulty. I still love driving the car, but its realy hard to control at the moment, have not done any high speeds for ages because it feels to dangerous to drive. Any advice would be great, as i wont see my car for next week knowing renault. jpmad i know you had the same kind of problems did you sort it out, if so what did they do to your car