ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OH my F***in god

The bottom line is that modding YOUR car is about changing it in ways that make YOU happy. There will always be people who dont like it - Thats a gimme, but if you are going to trick your car you are prepared to deal with that, if not then you will still ultimately be styling/modding it to your taste. The day that everyone is expected to change their cars to make others happy is the day we all get jobs as bodystylists at the request of everyone! Which aint gonna happen!

Some cars look rubbish to me, they will look great to maybe the majority of others. lets not fight gents, lets just accept each others individuality.

I just want to ge mine back on the road so I can drive the b*st*rd thing!

Stop fighting - accept each others differences!

;)

mind you, even if u dont like it, u could buy it cheap off ebay, stick it back to standard and have a great handling powerful mk1 172! for a cheap price.

looks sh*t, sorry if some people dont agree but I would feel like a proper tw*t driving that around knowing that every look you get is someone thinking "what a dick, check out the state of that thing and the idiot driving it"... this is how i think when I see badly modded motors, and yes, I do care what people think in that sense when they are all pointing a laughing!

Not a Clio

whats not to like?

looks very nice!

In what way is it badly modded? it all looks very well done to me and nothing OTT. Yes the renault symbol is quite big but i think it suits the car.

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 13 March 2005
looks sh*t, sorry if some people dont agree but I would feel like a proper tw*t driving that around knowing that every look you get is someone thinking "what a dick, check out the state of that thing and the idiot driving it"... this is how i think when I see badly modded motors, and yes, I do care what people think in that sense when they are all pointing a laughing!

but judging by half this thread only half the people would be thinking that. the other half would love it.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 13 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 13 March 2005

but judging by half this thread only half the people would be thinking that. the other half would love it.
fair enough, but this is a car forum, apply it to the real world and most people will react as above imo.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Craig took that car, and made it how he wanted it. I doubt hed expect everyone to agree with his choice of styling, but he had the individuality to actually go out and do it. Its no good a few mouthy people on here slating it and also slating the people that like it. Everyone has their own choices to make with their own cars, the world would be boring if we all had the same ideas, but at least show a little respect for other people and dont be so flippin rude, a little more decorum from certain people wouldnt go amiss on this forum!

R.I.P 182

Seeing as everyones voiced their opinions ill post mine lol.. I think it looks very individual, and i quite like it!! As was mentioned before, would look better with Silver wheels (but those wheels look "mint" ;) - would look stunnin on a black car)..

Good job 2 the bloke that modded that, looks like alot of time an effort was put into it :)

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I was really impressed with the workmanship on this car when I saw it at one of last years shows...

Its not something I would have persued to do on my own car but I really liked it... It was well done and looked superb IMHO...

The photographs really dont do it justice...

I do hope he gets what hes after for it...

Threads like this are posted daily and never do they end up like this. So what if its a members ex-car, its a discussion forum and that what people are doing! I think its ghastly, as most people probably do, if it was a random chavs Id have the same opinion as if it was my best mates. Plenty people go dissing all the other e-bay monstroseties but not this. In respect to what Jas said, I appreciate all the effort but in the same thread I do not like his taste but fair play to him!

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 13 March 2005

I do hope he gets what hes after for it...

i think it belongs to someone else not Craigy 172 and it is them selling it , Interested to see how much it goes for compared to a standard 172 of the same year.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i bet if it was a saxo or nova with the same mods people would be slating it.

i think the styling on a 172 is spot on as standard so dont like it at all.

Nippy white cup

Exactly....put a nova on with a huge Vauxhall badge on the bonnet, no matter how well it has been done, and it will get some stick. I agree that is unique but there is a reason for that.

Chris

Clio 182

Why the big rneault badges, anyone would think hes proud to own one?! lol, Not to my taste at all im afraid, looks horrid.

172 Cup

i would just like to add that it was done 2 years ago. people and tastes change.

a lot of people thought my clio 16v was pretty awsome and so did i when i done it but i wouldnt do one the same again as i prefer the more standard look now.

there are getting to many tw*ts on this forum who think they can judge everyone. i think a lot of you should also grow up.

Its personally not to my taste but over 2 years ago i prob would of liked it. fair play to the guy for putting in all the hard work.

it was built to be different and it wouldnt be if everyone liked it.

Fair play to the bloke me obviously liked it, thats why he built it.

I think some people are to quick to judge. And some too arogant (sp) to appreicate he obviosuly has balls to try something new.

clio v6

Im glad you lot can argue over a 172.... i think its ok.....

At least you aint sl*gging off our Vees for a change....lol;)

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

At least its not a 1.2 - like normal ;-)

I dont personally like it, but i wouldnt call him names etc for doing that to it - each to their own and all that.

To be fair, our opinions dont really matter, we dont own it and dont have to drive it so at the end of the day - why the hell are you all arguing amongst yourselves over it?!?

Someone will love it, buy it and probably drive it to "cruises" etc - A lot of people will laugh and point, but to most people that arent into cars - any mods are pointless and stupid.

Only thing you have to accept is that if you do mod a car this much its really going to get attention so some people will state their honest opinion - but you just have to take it on the chin, HOWEVER - name calling is just not needed when it comes to someones taste in mods

hmm.. fairly Ghey but ive seen a lot worse. the wheels are proper nice but not lightweight enough for serious use. are these avaliable in 16s ???

i guess this is the scary thing. chavs are in MK1s now they are cheap and they will do most people at the lights aswell hehe..

personally a clio is understated for a reason its a city car for shopping etc.. the only reason most of us are on here is due to the R5, williams, V6 all the heritage that gave renault a niche following without the 172hp or 182hp cars the clio would rarley get a lookin on this website IMO.

i like the look of a Pagani zonda roadster s personally, cant afford one. but im not going to try and make my car look any sportier than it is because ive aknowlaged that to do so would be lying to others and myself. its a discreet tidy car little car not a huge RWD Super Car with 500bhp atw and justifyably crazy looks.