ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh no I think I want another Clio!!

Well just over three months since swapping back to an Impreza from a 182 which in turn replaced another Impreza Turbo I fancy another RS Clio again! The Impreza is the quicker car as I have argued on here till Im blue in the face but I prefer owning and driving the Clio. Trouble is Ive let a nearly brand new 182 be p/xd for my Impreza which now inturn would not get me the sub 10k mile Clio I would potentially be looking for. I prefer the power delivery, acceleration and of course sound of the Impreza but I dont get that I really wanna get out and have a blast round some country lanes feeling like I did in the Clio. I might just think sod this and buy a VTS and have a few grand to spend. More likely I will keep the Scoob cos my girlfriend will kill me if she thinks im umming and aaring about my car again!!!

Mike

[Edited by MikeGG on 30 July 2005 at 3:41pm]

Get yourself a nice cheap valver for a couple of grand, spend another grand and a bit on a suspension refresh and brake upgrade, then go play :devilish: hehe

MKIII 138

why not buy nick reads turbo 0-100 in 11secs is only 1 sec from a 500hp CL55 amg and easliy as quick once rolling as a scoob if not quicker the suspension + handling are awesome (911 teritory) and hes selling for £5500 !! :eek:

it looks mean as fook and has buckets and scooby mica blue paint its like an impreza but a clio and a supermini.

http://www.cliosport.net/members/photos/WWXDCFAPSW.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

upgrade the suspention etc on the scooby and it will handle... i drove ralphs he has upgraded droplinks etc i think and i put it in a roundabout at speed where a clio 172/182 would oversteer and it took it easy... bit of squeel but that was it!

the scoobs grunt and noise outweights the clio by MILES...

get some tein street spec coilovers, drop links and controll arms... i recon about 1600 quid... and ur scoob will out handle a clio easy !

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 30 July 2005

upgrade the suspention etc on the scooby and it will handle... i drove ralphs he has upgraded droplinks etc i think and i put it in a roundabout at speed where a clio 172/182 would oversteer and it took it easy... bit of squeel but that was it!

the scoobs grunt and noise outweights the clio by MILES...

get some tein street spec coilovers, drop links and controll arms... i recon about 1600 quid... and ur scoob will out handle a clio easy !
Would love to. Got some Prodrive springs to go on soon. Coilovers would solve the handling issues but theres around 1600 reasons why I cant carry out your suggestion! However it wont sort the ridiculous amount of worrying chav attention it gets!

Youve owned both (Malice hasnt, hes driven both a couple of times) so i would trust your own judgement and reasoning as to why you want to swap.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 30 July 2005

why not buy nick reads turbo 0-100 in 11secs is only 1 sec from a 500hp CL55 amg and easliy as quick once rolling as a scoob if not quicker the suspension + handling are awesome (911 teritory) and hes selling for £5500 !! :eek:

it looks mean as fook and has buckets and scooby mica blue paint its like an impreza but a clio and a supermini.
Good shout.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeGG on 30 July 2005

Would love to. Got some Prodrive springs to go on soon. Coilovers would solve the handling issues but theres around 1600 reasons why I cant carry out your suggestion! However it wont sort the ridiculous amount of worrying chav attention it gets!

Mike have a word with Powerstation @ Cheltenham. I have AST coilovers on my car, £750 + fitting. If you get this & their alingment(sp?) done you will noit regret it. I had prodrive springs before them & the difference is night & day.

Simon

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

Hehe.

Nice to hear from someone else who changes their car too often :)
Seriously, if it was me I will stick with the Subaru. Incidentally I have just come from looking at a 2nd hand WRX this afternoon. Very nice and that engine noise :).
Only downside is insurance - they all want Tracker fitted....

Andrew

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Bl**dy hell Mike!

do the DVLA have an inbox for you or what?!

Mk1 172s are nice.;).....

Nicks Valver Hybrid is just p**n. You know you want to.

--chris

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 30 July 2005

Bl**dy hell Mike!

do the DVLA have an inbox for you or what?!

Mk1 172s are nice.;).....

Nicks Valver Hybrid is just p**n. You know you want to.

--chris

lol. I know its a pain in the arse. I think its cos Im getting ultra paranoid about chav scum trying to steal/nick the WRX that makes me think I should sell before it happens. Ive just stuck a Prodrive wing on it aswell so its even more unsubtle. Combined with the 100db exhaust note it does turn chav heads!

Chris - We will have to meet up soon. Im home middle of august for a few days.

Mike