ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Burner

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Hey all, not been around much recently as the Clio went and got offered this car at a bargain price. It had been previously owned by a 'chav' and here is how I got it:

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0485.jpg

And here are a few recent pictures with some subtle modifications:

DSCF0892.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0899.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0907.jpg

I'm sure I'll probably get some hate from you lot on here about it but nevermind!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It was owned by a chav as standard, now you've lowered it and painted the wheels black? :S

Anyway, no hate from me. Peugeot diseasels are great cars. I've had lots and lots!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Ah sorry wrong pictures I linked up, it's safe to say it was covered in lots of nice stickers such as

DSCF0479.jpg

Which were removed asap! It's easier on the wallet than the Clio even though it was a 1.4, I just don't have to drive like a complete grandad to get a decent MPG in this and with it being an earlier diesel engine I can manually adjust fueling and boost which is handy!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
BOOST FTW ! IIRC these came witha kick up the backside in one massive lump at about 2.5k RPM ? Dad had the 'sedan' version.. I loved that car !

I still think these don't really look too dated on the outside... maybe it's just me.

Looks like a tidy example :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I cant say i like them but i do like the fact they dont use fuel. I had one as a run around and wish i never sold it.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
BOOST FTW ! IIRC these came witha kick up the backside in one massive lump at about 2.5k RPM ? Dad had the 'sedan' version.. I loved that car !

I still think these don't really look too dated on the outside... maybe it's just me.

Looks like a tidy example :)

Thankyou! Yes at about 2.5k RPM I get a huge lump then as soon as that's gone I have to change gear, fuel cuts at 4k RPM :( But if I manage to stay in boost it pulls very well, boosting about 18psi.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The best one I had was a 2.0 hdi meridian with 30,000 miles on it iirc. I could have sold it today for the same price I sold it for about 4 years ago! Nugget.

I want a Moonstone Blue Estate 2.0 Hdi Meridian with cyclones as a daily. Perfect car.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
£40 remap (pug306.net member) on a HDI can see a very very good increase in BHP and torques and still retain the MPG. I just really miss a nice sounding engine and exhaust note which a diesel can't offer. Although after fitting the decat the turbo whistle and spool sounds great.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Pleasantly surprised at the positive reaction, thankyou all. After the coilovers had been fitted, even though it's a big hefty 5 door it feels so planted around the corners. The car cost me £480 and I don't think you can grumble at that price, the bodywork was tatty but I'm steadily sorting that out. So overall I'm really pleased with it, the 1.4 S Clio I had I just never got along with.

DSCF0497.jpg