ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil........... flashing

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
You should probably check your oil, And top it up by the sounds of it!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could just be that the oil level sensor is faulty but you really should check for oil on the physical dipstick before starting the engine.

Mick

Clio 182
not really as most cars have an oil light that actually lights up,i thought it might be part of the start up procedure

thanx to the guys that actually helped out ;)

Clio 182
so whats the point in having one lmao :)

to tell you any min your engines gonna go bang

topped up now and all is fine

Lionel Richie
i reckon its the manufactuers way of laughing at people "haha silly t**t didn't put oil in, that'll be £5K please sir!" (not aimed at you)

oh and you should check your oil on a regular basis fella, WITH THE DIPSTICK! ie twice a month!

172 Cup
so whats the point in having one lmao :)

to tell you any min your engines gonna go bang

topped up now and all is fine

Most people are aware that the dipstick is the primary source for checking the level of oil in the engine and that it should be checked regularly! The oil pressure warning light is really only to alert you in an emergency.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My 'oil' light shows when i start my car and then it turns to the trip computer...

For the sake of 2 seconds to check the oil with the dipstick though, theres no excuse not to!