ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ok to let shampoo dry on your car?

After I have pre washed and rinsed with my gilmour + snow foam I then begin the hand wash with bucket and mitt using gold class shampoo.

I normally want to change the water in the grit guard bucket half way round and buy the time I have finished shampooing the car the water and shamps would have pretty much dryed out on that first side..

Would it be best to allow the shampoo to dry out at that first point then rinse the car as normal at the end then dry or wash half the car then rinse half the car??? But by that time the water would have dryed out leaving water marks..

Whats the best way to deal with this please

Rob.

106 GTi
Rinse it off before it drys.

Found this annoying so got an extra couple of bucketsd and fill them all up before starting the wash now.

Mito Sportiva 135
Or just work quicker... :rasp:

I just keep wetting the car with the hose as I go round, then just before I am ready to rinse I give the car a quick run over with the mitt again.

Just avoid washing in the sun especially if you have a black car, it can be soul destroying!

Thanks for the quick replys.. So if I wash one side say then rinse that side, wash the other side(s) and rinse.. So it would be ok for the water to partly dry because I would be re-rinsing the whole car after I have finished the shampoo process anyway before I pat dry and megs last detailing touch??

Or just work quicker... :rasp:

I just keep wetting the car with the hose as I go round, then just before I am ready to rinse I give the car a quick run over with the mitt again.

Just avoid washing in the sun especially if you have a black car, it can be soul destroying!

I must admitt I am quit slow only because I want to be thurrow (how ever you spell it!!) I actually have access to a double garage so washing takes place inside there

Is it ok if it drys a little not completely?

al

ST on the way...
Sometimes dries when i'm washing but I just give it a squirt with the hosepipe to keep it wet :)