ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old cat back in for MOT!!!!! Can it be done?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have a Decat on my 182, i still have the old cat. Does anyone know if you can atapt the old cat to slot into where the decat goes.

If you can then where, and where does the lambda sensor go in the old cat as there's no hole

IMG_3350.gif

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
What exhaust is that on your 182? I changed my k tech de-cat for my standard cat for the mot and it was a simple bolt out bolt in effort. That's not the cat underneath on the floor for a standard 182 though is it - looks like the standard centre box on mine?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The part lying on the floor is not a cat, it's the bit that goes after the cat.

TrackCar & F30 330d
:eek: arrrrr i see. lol
Well that would have been funny if i'd bodged that on and took it for the MOT.

It's a Ktec exhaust, Hmmm well i'l have to think of another way of getting it passed the MOT. Any thoughts???

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is the part you have lying on the floor attached to anything else?
Only way to pass is Get a Cat or find a dodgy MOT place.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
u sure ur cars a 182? looks like the cat goes up towards the engine bay like a 172's does?

TrackCar & F30 330d
The part lying on the floor is seperate. I have the old Exhaust too but I was sure the cat wasnt on that lol

Are sports cats any good? I'v seen 1 on KTR for just under £300. Dont really want to buy one if they are not much better than the original.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Put up a wanted for the cat mate, even if its just to borrow one for the MOT. You could have borrowed mine of you wernt so far away

TrackCar & F30 330d
Just for a split second you had me worried. Thought i'd bought a fake. A bl**dy quick fake tho lol.

I'v put a wanted for a cat. I only want it for a day, Be good if i could just rent a cat.

320d
Completely irrelivant question but how hard is it to put a cat back on a 1*2, can it be done yourself using axle stands or is it a garage only job.

Lots of Alfas
172 is a 2 man job, cat swap on a 182 is easy.

Ive got the k-tec sports cat. Its actually made by Janspeed, my car has passed 2 mots with it on.

Audi S1
172 is a 2 man job, cat swap on a 182 is easy.

Ive got the k-tec sports cat. Its actually made by Janspeed, my car has passed 2 mots with it on.

i think im right in saying a sports cat will pass a mot... striaght through or sliencer... will not

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for all your help guys. I'd like to just borrow a cat to pop in for the MOT, Its due in Feb so i have ages to wait. just thought i'd start findin out now. :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
^ i thought it was soon! Have a look on ebay, you can pick used ones up really cheap now