ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old Style Numberplates

E91 M Sport
Ye olde number plates....the white (or silver) text on a black backing.

425W_AGGIE_MG_CIVIC.jpg

Has anyone on here got these style plates on their car? Do you get pulled over frequently for a full-on cavity search, or have the (hang on, try not to laugh) police got better things to do.

Also, do the 3/4 sized front numberplates go down badly?

Finally, show me some damn pictures :cool:

Cheers.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Don't know about the olde stylee black and silver ones but my 3/4 at the front is fine. Never been stopped/pulled or even looked at twice and drove past/towards numerous police cars on quiet roads.

miketheman2k said:
Ye olde number plates....the white (or silver) text on a black backing.

425W_AGGIE_MG_CIVIC.jpg

That must be one strong chair in the background.

Just buy a car pre-1972 (or something like that), then you won't get pulled for having those types of numberplate :).

Chocolate Bar™
its obviously illegal to put those sort of plates on a new car, as 'i dont think' they have a reflective backing, which is an automatic law infringement. Not sure if anyones been stopped because of them however, try people like scott 16v who had em on his naples :) (i think)

1.8 16v clio mk1
:mad: got them on my valver,had them on there since january.then last week for the first time i got done on the way to bbtuning,result £30 ticket not bothered thou just be prepaird to get pulled

A Euro'd one...
I had my black plates on for ages, only got pulled over twice. I took them off mind because I thought it looked a bit too 'rude boy' on my car.

E91 M Sport
$torm Rider said:
I had my black plates on for ages, only got pulled over twice. I took them off mind because I thought it looked a bit too 'rude boy' on my car.

That worries me slightly - not sure if its only a few steps away from neon washer jets and lexus lights :S

Is it simply a £30 fine and not a points penalty?

Any pics would be useful to :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I love the 'old style' plates but would not put them on my car. I would get tugged for sure where I live! lol