ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Brake pads

PH1 172
Does anyone know what these are like on the clio for fast road/track?

Plus any suggestions on what pads to go for and where best to source them?

Cheers in advance

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Im looking to put Green stuff pads on mine next time... can get them from K-tec or from Ebay and there not that expensive.

There ment to be really good for road use, but if your planning on doing a lot of track then go for Redstuff pads, there ment to be really good for track.

Mk2 172
Green stuff are rubbish end of! get ds2500s. its the way forward. completely different ball game and will work from cold and do trackdays no problem whatsoever.

Silver Clio 172 Cup
Don't bother with the OMPs IMO. They're cheap but I torched mine in no time on track and I don't drive that hard. I've got DS2500s now - I'm much happier with them and they are lasting well.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
This is what it sais about the DS2500 pads on K-Tec.

Ferodo DS Performance brake pads are designed for the driver who demands the ultimate in braking performance. They provide the kind of braking power normally associated with racing cars - all without the need to build up and maintain high operating temperatures. Giving low and high speed braking efficiency, reduced stopping distances and consistent brake pedal feel from cold, DS Performance are the driver's choice for safe, high performance braking.
They sound good,

FERODO DS2500 Rear Pad Set
Price: £59.00+vat (69.33)

FERODO DS2500 Front Pad Set
Price: £85.00+vat (99.88) Set

Bit expensive IMHO