ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Online pc games?

Nimbus Clio 197
does anybody play Joint Operations or Battlefield 2 online? I used to, and had a quick go on them yesterday, its still a bit of a laugh actually!

mk5 VDUB polo
i played battlefield 2 for hours on end, then it messed up my pc so i left it, play half life 2 and counter strike source now mainly

Fiat Panda 100hp
cs 1.6 lmao, didnt think there wud be any1 online to play with...its all about source.

Conteo said:
cs 1.6 lmao, didnt think there wud be any1 online to play with...its all about source.

really? . . . . .

untitledpa6.jpg

http://steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

I'll let those stats speak for themself.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Ok, more people play it, but thats only because they cant afford a good pc, source is so much better, i played 1.6 in its time and now its source, got to move with the times.

Conteo said:
Ok, more people play it, but thats only because they cant afford a good pc, source is so much better, i played 1.6 in its time and now its source, got to move with the times.

Don't just assume thats the reason people play it, i can run half life 2 engine on full detail, with a decent, steady FPS, but i would rather play cs 1.6 any day. And i know a lot of people who are the same. But yea, each to their own. I like 1.6 because i think the gameplay is better, and is much better when playin matches, and things like sound are much more important element than they are in cs:s.

And the point i was making, was that you were sayin no one plays 1.6 anymore, so i was just showin you that they obviously do, as 1.6 has 3x more players than source.

agreed ^^^

source is no where near as good as older versions gameplay wise

although it's all about cs 1.3! bring back the old times...

1.5 was good too, haven't played cs for ages, might have to load it up again

ive been playin cs since 1.3, but stopped playin like 7 months ago. Started again about 4 weeks ago :D altho stuck on 56k until begining of next week so cant play atm :(

yeah, 1.5 was probs the 'best' version, but 1.6 has fixed quite a lot of the bugs. But i hate the AWP delay on 1.6!

It's a shame they wont be updating 1.6 anymore, id like to see a few more official maps added. I know there are litterally 100's of 1000's of custom maps but they never really kick off in matches. Only custom maps ive seen take off are mill, strike, fire.

And cs got to be one of my fav games ever, been playin it for like 4 years and still not bored of it :D

D

dick

olliee said:
ive been playin cs since 1.3, but stopped playin like 7 months ago. Started again about 4 weeks ago :D altho stuck on 56k until begining of next week so cant play atm :(

yeah, 1.5 was probs the 'best' version, but 1.6 has fixed quite a lot of the bugs. But i hate the AWP delay on 1.6!

It's a shame they wont be updating 1.6 anymore, id like to see a few more official maps added. I know there are litterally 100's of 1000's of custom maps but they never really kick off in matches. Only custom maps ive seen take off are mill, strike, fire.

And cs got to be one of my fav games ever, been playin it for like 4 years and still not bored of it :D

i used to play back in 1.3 day,\for clans and everything was a rite geek, i then realised its full of fags and got a life.

i downloaded 1.6 other week, played fa few times, got so bored. now DoD, thatgs a game.

not as good as spider solitare tho....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
olliee said:
Don't just assume thats the reason people play it, i can run half life 2 engine on full detail, with a decent, steady FPS, but i would rather play cs 1.6 any day. And i know a lot of people who are the same. But yea, each to their own. I like 1.6 because i think the gameplay is better, and is much better when playin matches, and things like sound are much more important element than they are in cs:s.

quote]

So, so true. As much as I love BF2, the overall map design is not a patch on the original BF1942 maps. I often play Desert Combat, despite now being able to play BF2 with all he eye-candy switched on.

D.

i never played the original BF as at the time my comp wouldnt run it. I have phases on BF2, i like play it for about 3 weeks loads, then leave it for like 3 months. Usually play it with one of my mates, but since the last patch where they made it so you cant leave + join the same squad when you die, its ghey, as its fun messin about like that :¬)

And i have a bad habit of getting stuck on corners when 'giving it legs' when someones coming in a tank. I also hate it when you slowly slide down hills, as there is nothing you can do half the time, and you know your gonna die, winds me right up.

I played dod for about 8 months, and going from cs 1.6 to DoD was mad! it seems if you go from cs to dod, you will 'own' dod up! but if you go from dod to cs, your gonna be w**k.

dick said:
i used to play back in 1.3 day,\for clans and everything was a rite geek

don't ave to be a geek to play in teams :rasp: ..

i still like to play matches now and then with my mates that i went college with n that. Have a laugh, don't play serious, but i hate losing ;)

Nimbus Clio 197
^^ that'll be a no then...! lol

im disappointed nobody else plays joint operations, i reckon thats a cracking fun game :(

wot is joint op's like? :rasp: n i dunno what FS2004 is either :\

tell me what they are like n not just alink to site, stuck on 56k for the rest of the week and OMG, nearyly brings a tear to my eye when loading any page. :(

Clown Car
Darren S said:
olliee said:

quote]

So, so true. As much as I love BF2, the overall map design is not a patch on the original BF1942 maps. I often play Desert Combat, despite now being able to play BF2 with all he eye-candy switched on.

D.

Yeah i play BF2 quite a lot even though some of the bugs wind me up, desert combat is still awesome though, i found the DC mod when it was 0.2 patch and it just kept getting better, we could do with getting a squad together in BF2?.

Nimbus Clio 197
yeah, that would be a good idea. could be quite funny!

oliee, i really like joint ops, not to everybody's taste, but its still my fave even with bf2 etc available

Mazda MX5 1.8
i sometimes play joint ops

gets a bit frustrating there isnt more fire power on the helicopters

plus im rubbish at it. also have the escalation add on which is quite cool with bikes & tanks

Der Panzer
olliee said:
i dunno what FS2004 is either :\

Flight Simulator 2004. I've got some pretty good aircraft addons for it. My current fav is a Hind gunship. :) The F16 addon is bags of fun too.

Unfortunately the environment isn't destructive. :(

Nimbus Clio 197
clio__chris said:
i sometimes play joint ops

gets a bit frustrating there isnt more fire power on the helicopters

plus im rubbish at it. also have the escalation add on which is quite cool with bikes & tanks

i'm not much cop either mate, but im ok... its the most fun out of all those types of games in my opinion, which is whats important!

Mark5290 said:
Darren S said:
Yeah i play BF2 quite a lot even though some of the bugs wind me up, desert combat is still awesome though, i found the DC mod when it was 0.2 patch and it just kept getting better, we could do with getting a squad together in BF2?.

yeah that could be fun :cool:

i will give joint ops a download when i get my 8mb up, stuck on 56k for the time being :/ and if i like it i will buy :star::star:

ohh FS2004, i downloaded that a while back but dont have a joystick so couldnt get into it really.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I run a COD UO Base server if you guys ever want to jump on for a game sometime.Has been modded and makes for a good game.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
anyone play WOW? my brother is mad for it and has played it everyday for god knows how long lol.. his character is truly the nuts..

never liked rpg's. Downloaded WOW to see what the hype was about, played it for like 5 mins then uninstalled it. : (

Nimbus Clio 197
olliee said:
Mark5290 said:
yeah that could be fun :cool:

i will give joint ops a download when i get my 8mb up, stuck on 56k for the time being :/ and if i like it i will buy :star::star:

ohh FS2004, i downloaded that a while back but dont have a joystick so couldnt get into it really.

good call. its only a multiplayer game, there is no 1 player mode. which is fine for me, as i would prefer killing a real person than a computer! (hypothetically speaking of course ;) )