ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ooooh shiney! My 1st Pics of the CUP

Nothing special, as they were taken quickly after a good wash and polish on my K750i.

Just thought id share them

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

Golf R/Leon FR
very nice dude, lovely and clean
although id spray the air feed nozzle to match the car
but very nice

Spraying the air feed is on my to do list. Its going to be done in blue.

Im also going to be looking for heat resistant paint in blue, to spray the plenum (i cant be arsed to polish it). Im then going to get my bros father in law to take it to work (he owns his own precision engineering company), and im going to get him to very, very lightly skim the top off the Renault Sport logo, thus making it nice and shiney also. Im also in the process of polishing the fuel rail guard. Then i'll get a carbon fibre engine cover to finish it off.

Should look good then.

Next Mods i would like to do are matched inlet, lowered, maybe a de-cat, and ECU upgrade.

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Little Newms painted his bell mouth black...smart.

yeah, i have one thats been painted black too, but its all chipped, so i need to spray one of them either way, and thought i'd go for red for now.

It didnt come out to bad considering i didnt have all the right stuff for my PC. Got to the yard where my dad works, to use the shed, got all my stuff out the boot, and realised i didnt have the backing plate or two of the foam pads for the PC, so had to make do with just one Pad which came with the PC, a white one. So i washed it, using Zymol shampoo, with a capful of Zymol Cleaner Wax in the bucket (i find this makes drying it much easier, as it tends not to dry as quick or spot on the paint). Then i just PC'd it with the Sonus FX3- finishing polish.

It needs a proper going over with all three stages of the Sonus range. But i was happy with how it came out, and it only took me an hour or two :D

106 GTi
You are the only person I have seen that has braved the white supplied pad on paint! Glad it was ok - read a few horror stories about that pad.

"Navy" N17 TWO
How much do I love the RS clio in that colour? :)

Nearly as much as I'd love n.ire insurance to settle down lol

r-jay said:
You are the only person I have seen that has braved the white supplied pad on paint! Glad it was ok - read a few horror stories about that pad.

PMSL

I've used it a couple of times now, when just doing a quick job, and i cant say i've had to many problems with it.

It does tend to heat up a bit compared to the sonus pads, so thus dry the polish on a little bit. But thats not a major issue, as i say, i only use it normally when im doing a quick job of it.

As for the exhaust being wonky, i think its partly the angle the pic is taken at, and it still needs slight tweaking, as the backbox rubbers arent on properly. The centre section also vibrates on the heatsheild too. So it needs looking at, but im not fussed at the moment.

looks really nice, although i'd paint the bell mouth as i think it stands out too much in red.

any plans to lower the car ???

yeah when i can afford to, i'll lower it. I dont know if i will go the coilover route though, as although they look good, i dont see the point in spending that much money on something i'm not going to use to its full potential.

I'f i tracked the car every weekend or something, then yeah, coilovers would be worth it. But seeing as i dont, and the standard set up is more than enough for me at the moment, i'll probably just perhaps get some koni adjustables or something similar.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nice dude, :)

missing the 172 cup badges on the door pillars though